World War Z

Davdandy
Davdandy Posts: 571
edited November 2012 in The cake stop
Although this movie has been plagued with problems from the beginning i still cannot wait for this to hit the cinemas.I have been keeping my eye out for this all year and in the summer of `13 it will open.

Watch the clip and turn up the volume.A bit too much CGI for my liking but what the hell,enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk
Cannondale CAAD 8 105
Rockrider 8.1

Comments

• Listen to the Audiobook - much more interesting IMO.

Sort of like a Panorama programme audio track.

The film is going to be nothing like the book in terms of timescale, breadth and pace. The film will just be a standard shoot em up zombie film, which is fine, but using the book title is a bit deceptive as its barely a page of the book in size.
  • Don't understand the obsession with fast zombies.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • As above, they’ve turned an amazing book and a really good initial screenplay (it was leaked several years ago) into an ‘only one man can save the earth’ Hollywood shi7fest. I’m gutted. There are so many good reports in the book that would have made great mini movies within a big movie. The Battle of Yonkers would have been Saving Private Ryan meets Dawn of the Dead.

On the plus side, that’s Glasgow in the trailer pretending to be Philadelphia.
  • Davdandy
    I know what you mean regarding the book.As the book is about many different stories from the last ten years of war.

But,that aside i am really looking forward to this movie,although it has to be said it has been plagued with problems from the onset.Look on the bright-side,it has zombies and zombies are always a good thing.

I like the Saying Private Ryan and the Dawn of the Dead idea,wow,now thats a storyline i would love to see,especially as Dawn is my all time favorite horror movie,the `78 version that is.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,693
    Read the book which was quite entertaining, but I'm not so sure if this film is going to be too 'Hollywoodised': I prefer the bleakness of films like Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days.

Also why the fark are they releasing the trailer nearly 8 months before the film is released?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Walking Dead has pretty much trumped the genre. The latest episode (that I borrowed from the internet) is bleak. Rick's not having a good time.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,431
    Don't understand the obsession with fast zombies.

You too can be a fast Zombie: Take a heap of performance enhancing drugs and other substances, then go out on yer bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Best Zombie film for me has to be Dead Snow with the tag line ' Ein, Zwei, Die'. Yes it is from the current obsession of Nazi zombies, but probably the best of the lot. It is subtitled from Norwswedish, Scandinavian anyhow and very funny especially towards the end when the main characters are fighting off said protagonists.

Dead-Snow-DVD-Cover.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    My mate worked on it and said he wasn't sure if it would be any good, but he watched the trailer and apart from the Hollywood-isation, he said it looks better than he thought it might. In fact he didn't think it would make it out for various reasons.

Cockneys vs Zombies is the real deal though....:-)
  • Davdandy
    Dead Snow is an awesome movie.I have seen it at least ten times already.

ARIIIIIIISE.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1