lapeirre x control 310

SUPERSUTT
SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi guys i had my bike stolen last weekend a specialized camber comp.
the insurance company put me through to a like for like shop and have offerd me a Lapierre x control 310 as a replacement for my stolen bike, has any one ever ridern one and what they like before i decide/bit the bullet and say yes i will have it :?:

cheers sutty
falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
HT Merlin Malt one (sold)

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    don't really know the bike, but there's a review on here http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... 0-12-46072
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I would say that the Xcontrol is more XC than the Spec. I would think that despite the travel difference, a Zesty is a more direct replacement.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Mate of mine has one and is really pleased with it and goes everywhere my Zesty does but a BP said should have really given you a Zesty as a like for like in my opinion. If there offering you the XControl due to cost you could add a couple of hundred quid yourself and get the Zesty.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • i wish i could afford to put some extra towards the Zesty but i need to spend on upgrading my security ie new lock, alarm
    better shed (one they cant open with a can opener) ,the lock was a Kryptonite series 4 and they cut through the cable. i mainly do x country delamere forrest i go Llandegla once in a blue moon

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Keep it in the house. Make it happen.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Totally agree with last comment about keeping it in the house if at all possible as no matter what security measures people take if it's man made it's man broken and if they want it that bad they will get it.

Not trying to put the mockers on things but i can only see bike theft getting worse especially up to Christmas
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • the insurance company have passed my cliam onto wheelies direct (insrance replacements).
    who have also now offerd me a 2013 Giant trance x3 i have to pay £300 excess aswell ive just found out