Predictions 2013

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Wiggins will win the Giro, his critics will say that it was because all his potential rivals are focusing on some race in July.

A newly reinvigorated Andy Schleck will win said race in July and dedicate it to his brother.

In the cobbled classics, the tour of Flanders will come down to a sprint between Boonen and Sagan, with Sagan edging it, Paris Roubaix will then be Boonen v. Cancellara, with Boonen winning.

Gilbert will give the rainbow jersey a good showing, and will win one of the Ardennes classics, and I'll continue to struggle to muster enthusiasm for them after the cobbled classics.

Erm...

Cobo will win the Vuelta!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • JTL will get a podium finish at one of the classics.
    Cav will wear the yellow jersey after stage 1 of the TdF and win the Green Jersey.
    Froome will not win TdF.
    Stannard will win a classic.
    Voekler will win a stage of the TdF, but won't actually cross the line with a pained expression (much to the dismay of the French press).
    Contador will remain in denial.
    Shimano will develop a credible design for road disc brakes but they will be designated as "evil" by the forums and only those willing to be declared as an heretic will risk using them.
  • Andy Schleck will win the Vuelta ahead of Rigoberto Uran Uran and some Spaniard.

Alberto Contador will be disqualified from racing by circumstantial evidence.

Sky will win everything else, apart from when they cba or Mr Cavendish can ba.
    'fool'
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Uran will win 2 week long stage races.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Here's my 'sticking my neck out' predictions for 2013:

1) Stannard will win G-W
    2) Cancellara will crush P-R
    3) JTL will feature prominently in the Ardennes Classics but won't win any of them
    4) Really sticking my neck out here --> JTL will win a stage of the Vuelta
    5) Contador won't win any GT's this year
    6) Cav will win the same number or less stages in the TdF than he did with Sky last year
    7) Gilbert will become a double world champion
  • Milton50 wrote:

If only that were true. :cry:
    Milton50 wrote:

Do you mean he'll win the World Road Race Champs again or he'll win the World Road Race AND the TT champs in 2013?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Pierre Roland to win the Mont Ventoux stage of TdF

FDJ riders to initiate a breakaway in all stages of TdF except TTs and get swallowed up by the peloton with 5 kms to go.

Alberto Contadope to win TdF (providing that Saxo/Tinkoff invited)

Cav to finish runner up to Sagan in Green Jersey comp TdF

Euskatel to win a total of 2 stages in all GTs.. so that will be Sammy Sanchez then.

Lance Armstrong to bump off DiDi and take on the mantle of the Devil. Oh he already has, just needs the red tights.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Contador to come second in le tour.
    Gilbert wins Amstel gold.
    Wiggins for Paris roubaix, and a podium in the giro.
    Froome to come 5th in the tour.
    At least one further big name to be busted for doping.
    Degenkolb to smash it in the sprints.
    Cav to have a good season, but no green jersey.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Milton50 wrote:

If only that were true. :cry:

Heh, it could easily blow up in my face :) . I think he'll go for the Giro and the Tour but he'll be closer to 2010 form than 2009, in which case he could easily get beaten.
    Milton50 wrote:

Do you mean he'll win the World Road Race Champs again or he'll win the World Road Race AND the TT champs in 2013?[/quote]

I mean he'll win the World Road Race for the second time in succession. Not sure the last time that was done?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Boonen will win more spring one dayers than Sagan.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Heh, it could easily blow up in my face :) . I think he'll go for the Giro and the Tour but he'll be closer to 2010 form than 2009, in which case he could easily get beaten.

Well, I did mean it was a shame he did win a GT in 2012. You said this year, you meant next year, right? :D
    Milton50 wrote:
    I mean he'll win the World Road Race for the second time in succession. Not sure the last time that was done?

Paolo Bettini 2006/2007
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    bruyneel overturns usada ban & bert + again
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Wiggins to win Paris Nice and Romandie again, but he'll be mangled in the Giro and will be lucky to get a top 5. The Italians will attack the crap out of him in the climbs and Nibs should win.

After that disappointment, he may go for the Tour, pissing off Froome - or something like that - There will be serious in-fighting. Contador will win the Tour and Froome will get 3rd... Wiggins will finish in the top ten.

Cancellara will be back. He will win the World's TT in a head to head with Tony Martin.

Something bad will happen with the uci ...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Oh forgot to add, JTL will abbreviate his name by Deed Poll .. and he will start wearing mitts and and new (proper, less weird) helmet to make sure he fits into the Euro-peloton.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden wrote:
    Wiggins to win Paris Nice and Romandie again, but he'll be mangled in the Giro and will be lucky to get a top 5. The Italians will attack the crap out of him in the climbs and Nibs should win.

After that disappointment, he may go for the Tour, pissing off Froome - or something like that - There will be serious in-fighting. Contador will win the Tour and Froome will get 3rd... Wiggins will finish in the top ten.

Cancellara will be back. He will win the World's TT in a head to head with Tony Martin.

Hmm....not sure how many Italians will be left by the time both Padua and Mantova have run their course....
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    emadden wrote:

No, sorry, you can't have that, it's a predictions thread, not a bleeding obvious thread! ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Peter Zlatan to win MSR
    Fabian to win Flanders
    A major upset at the Roubaix. I smell Matti Breschel.
    Jrod to win Amstel and LBL
    Peter Zlatan to win Fleche
    Nibali wins Giro
    Contador wins Tour De France
    Jrod wins Vuelta
    Phinney wins WC
    Hagen wins WC
    Gilbert wins Lombardia

Rider of the year: Andrea Tafi.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    To the strains of Carmina Burana.. dan dan da dar, dan dan da dar - dar da dar..

EBH the destroyer ... will RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not...
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame wrote:
    To the strains of Carmina Burana.. dan dan da dar, dan dan da dar - dar da dar..

EBH the destroyer ... will RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not...

I like....A LOT

bugger your small print
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Sagan will podium in every Classic he rides but will not win any.

I will win PTP.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Ivan Basso's last year?
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • josame wrote:
    Ivan Basso's last year?

Did he ride this year? :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wiggin's to win the Giro
    Froome to be shown up for the second time as weak and finish in the top 10 in the Tour
    EBH to win the worlds
    Fab's to win the TT worlds Wiggin's to have went on Holiday by that point
    JTL to become frustrated with everyone calling him JTL
    Boonen to win PR and personally pick the cobble up him self whilst attacking from the front.
    TDeGenht to podium in either the Giro or the Veulta
    TDeGenht to have a heroic solo breakaway (TDU, Grio etc)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    ThomThom wrote:

That fellow is becoming the new George Hincapie. A likeable rider and great Tour domestique that's hyped up every year for Roubaix for no particular reason only to come nowhere close.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Wiggins will fail to win the Giro.
    Froome will fail to win the Tour.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Timoid. wrote:
    ThomThom wrote:

That fellow is becoming the new George Hincapie. A likeable rider and great Tour domestique that's hyped up every year for Roubaix for no particular reason only to come nowhere close.

Once won Dwars Door Vlanderen in convincing style.

Though he did have Canc as a teammate.
  • ddraver
    No cyclist will win SPOTY (Ennis will)

Scottish Cycling fans will vote for Chris Hoy and split the vote

Harsh truth is that no one will think to vote for Sarah Storey......
    - @ddraver
  • What do people predict about Hesjedal? Anonymity or Giro12 continued?

giro2012_14_2.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    You re a very all or nothing person arent you Frenchie

I predict something in between, I suspect he may become the new Nico Roche...
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    ddraver wrote:
    You re a very all or nothing person arent you Frenchie

I predict something in between, I suspect he may become the new Nico Roche...

How so?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!