Airless tyres!

Woodmonkey
Woodmonkey Posts: 412
edited November 2012 in MTB general
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... tipFhw1zJQ
Apologies if this has been on before
pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    It has been done before. And they're awful.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Colorado-based designer Brian Russell says that his revolutionary design will not only makes punctures a thing of the past, but can also help make riders move faster around the trails.

His company, Britek Tire and Rubber, unveiled an automobile version of the tyres around ten years ago - but now he hopes his design will take cycling world by storm

Now, why don't you think we've heard of the "automobile version of the tyre" in the last ten years?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A conspiracy by the military/big oil/big pharma/the banks and that well known communist, Obama?

Or it was a sh1t idea.

Pick one, or more if you wear tinfoil.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • They would be pretty awesome once they were full of mud :roll:

I dread to think how much money has been wasted developing those.
  • It has been done before. And they're awful.
    i meant apologies for reading the daily mail :oops:
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Wait until they tax air, we'll all have airless tyres then!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Watching the video they didnt seem to have much give in them. Every rock and bump the tyre barely flexed thats going to be a juddery ride. Plus how are they adjusted do you have to carry a set of rods to adjust pressure surely it would be easier to carry a small aluminium tube shaped object to adjust your tyre pressure.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap