Scotland

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2012 in Amateur race
Hi. How is everyone? After spending the last year becoming used to road cycling, cycling in a bunch and the rules, etc I am hoping that with a successful winter training program I will be able to step up and enter some races and possibly be competitive. The problem is I can find very limited information on the availability of races in and around scotland.

I need as much information as possible as to how I should go about finding and entering these races, as well as any general advice you would give to someone who was looking to take up racing.

Cheers Steven

Comments

• glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    The British Cycling website lists all the events once the dates have been decided.

The Braveheart Cycling website (Forum) is a good source of information on local events in Scotland.

The 4th Cat racing in Scotland seems to be very popular with over subcribed entry lists most of last year. There is talk (on Bravheart Forum) about a development series for new riders again. Hopefully this will help as there seemed to be a lot of people disappointed riders who couldn't get starts in a lot of the 4th , 3/4 and 2/3/4 races.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    You'd probably get more useful information if you say which part of Scotland you live in. If you're in Aberdeen then you probably won't be interested in races in Dumfries....

A good start would be to look at the BC website, but the calendar for next year isn't very full yet. If you instead search for results from 2012 you should get an idea of the races in your area.
    More problems but still living....