Am I being a plank with STRAVA..??

white/blue flash
white/blue flash Posts: 49
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Hi everyone,
Being new to cycling I have the strava app on my HTC...
How can I see my rides on the STRAVA website ???

Any/All advice welcome.. :mrgreen::D

Comments

• Thats the thing....Theres nothing on the dashboard...It just says 0

:(:(
  • Open the dashboard and it should show your rides. If you click on your username under one of the rides it will show your profile with similar info to the phone app. :)
  • Maybe I need to be more pataint with it.....As it takes ages to load....
  • just assuming after you ride you have actually uploaded your ride from the phone to the website ??
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    just assuming after you ride you have actually uploaded your ride from the phone to the website ??
    ...this
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    jmillen wrote:
    just assuming after you ride you have actually uploaded your ride from the phone to the website ??
    ...this

It syncs automatically. This assumes the OP has a Strava account and logs in on his mobile.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    jmillen wrote:
    ...this

It syncs automatically. This assumes the OP has a Strava account and logs in on his mobile.

That or the OP hasn't 'finshed' the ride on strava and it's still recording him sitting at his desk with an average speed of 0.23mph. :)
  • Hi guys,

The ride is deffo finished as I can see all the data on my phone....Just cant see it on the website :(:(
  • Hi guys,

The ride is deffo finished as I can see all the data on my phone....Just cant see it on the website :(:(

Are you sure your device is linked to your Strava Account?

I don't have the Strava app myself but are there any options to 'upload' or 'sync' your ride with Strava?
  • g00se
    edited November 2012
    If you go to 'my profile' in the top right, you should have a 'my stats' column down the right hand side. That'll include a ride count. Is that zero too? edit - that'll be on the website, not the phone app.

Maybe you've signed up with two accounts? A plain strava account on one - and a facebook account on the other maybe?

If you log into your account on the PC, then you'll easily see your user account (athlete) number in the URL - but it's hard to see what being used via the phone app. However, if you open up a particular ride, you can click on the share icon (top right - looks like three points joined up by two lines) and publish the ride to an email address. Email it to yourself and open up the ride on your PC. You should then be able to identify if it's a different account etc.
  • g00se
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Hi guys,

Are you sure your device is linked to your Strava Account?

I don't have the Strava app myself but are there any options to 'upload' or 'sync' your ride with Strava?

The phone apps will automatically upload once the ride is marked as finished. If it can't get access (bad signal etc) it will say so and keep trying. So the app will be linked to an account - but I think it might be a different one to the one the OP is using on the computer.
  • g00se
    sorry - double post
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    you have to finish the ride then hit the save button for the mobile to then sync with the website.
  • Its true, I AM A PLANK :oops: :oops: ...

When I set up account on phone I misspelled my surname from "mason" to "madon"......

Thanks for all your help guys...Just hope all the info gets there now.... :mrgreen::mrgreen: