MRP 2x Chain Device

clamps81
clamps81 Posts: 315
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone else got experience with these? Got on on my snyper and one of the jockey wheels has seized already. Looking at it, seems to be a fairly generic type of fitting, so wondering if I can bang in a roller from a stinger etc on there as replacement jockey wheels seem to be a right pain in the arse to source. I've seen one for the e13 system and it looks identical, but that might just a stock image or something. I'm a bit worried that the mud of death we have round here will continue to destroy these wheels on a regular basis and don't really want to be forking out every four or five months if I can avoid it.
Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Seems like a fantastic product for £120.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Many of the jockey wheels use Shimano compatable designes so you can use any Shimano (narrow fitting, not BSO) Jockey wheel, if you have a Shimano rear mech it would be easy enough to find out, then you can fit a pimped alloy wheel with sealed bearings.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Alas not, the shimano ones are 11 or 13 teeth and the one in the MRP is a 9 tooth jobby (which I can't find a generic version of). That was my first thought as well because I had an XT mech that I'd destroyed earlier in the year kicking around, but they're bigger as well as having more teeth.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces