Help me choose my Mayor

steerpike
steerpike Posts: 424
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-19018017

Seems like the Mayoral race has attracted a bunch of oddballs, fruitcakes and sociopaths - who'd have thought!

I'm leaning towards 'Spud' Murphy currently on the basis that his main policy is 'warm beds for all!'

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    Wots 'appenin down in Brissol ? Choose a what ?

If I was running for Mayor, my banner would be: "Vote for me, sex is free". See - it rhymes, its catchy and Brissolshire Folks would catch on to it quick. ( My feets aren't webbed by the way).

By the way, I think 'Spud' Murphy is a right potato head.

This man should be mayor of all Engerland
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Do I take it from your 'Location' that you're a Buckfast drinking, red haired, bad tempered, string vest wearing, battered pizza munching, inbred, penny pinching, blue skinned, hovel dwelling scotchman?
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    steerpike wrote:
    I'm leaning towards 'Spud' Murphy currently on the basis that his main policy is 'warm beds for all!'

And roundabouts. Actuallly, mostly roundabouts.

How about Dave Dobbs? He wants to devolve his power to the Internet. If we get in on the ground floor of the Dobbs Administration we could run Bristol right here on The Bottom Bracket...
  • Marvin Rees looks cool as fuck. Vote for him.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    steerpike wrote:
    Do I take it from your 'Location' that you're a Buckfast drinking, red haired, bad tempered, string vest wearing, battered pizza munching, inbred, penny pinching, blue skinned, hovel dwelling scotchman?

Yep. I escaped from 'naam, Cheltenham. Been to Brissol a few times, lovely, smashing.

Apart from that horrible accusation that I drink Buckfast, i'd say you were pretty spot on. Mad dog 20/20 or Concorde is my preffered tipple, topped up with Vodka and imported Pocheen and a touch of the Irn Bru.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    I like the sound of "Mayor Spud". :D
    Purveyor of "up" :)