Rose bikes sale!!

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited November 2012 in MTB general
Rose seem to selling stuff stupidly cheap this weekend!

Reverbs for £188...

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rock ... aid:559108

And shimano stuff is mega cheap too, zee cranks for £60 and the mech and shifter for £18 and £35!!

Comments

• b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    the zee rear mech they have is only really suitable for a DH bike with a road cassette. cranks are nice though
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • Thanks for that, Just ordered some goodies
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • Whoops, didnt see this thread...I did look honest! :oops:

Just to add, you can get a further £10 off by liking them on facebook. I've ordered a set of XT shifters for £50ish inc shipping.
  • Ive been using Rose now for a while,they even beat Chainreaction for prices. Ive just got a set of SLX brakes for £120....Bargin!!!!
  • Snap. Came back after a couple of days away and my brakes were still in the basket but cheaper. Scooby dooby.

Why are the continentals so much cheaper. Chain reaction largest online bike company eh? How about using that buying clout and bring us prices inline with those pesky Germeens and Froggies?
  • Snap. Came back after a couple of days away and my brakes were still in the basket but cheaper. Scooby dooby.

Why are the continentals so much cheaper. Chain reaction largest online bike company eh? How about using that buying clout and bring us prices inline with those pesky Germeens and Froggies?

Continental are a German company, and things are always sold cheaper in their country of origin than other places. Same reasons Mercedes and BMW are about the only Taxi's you will see out there, the price difference is huge!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Snap. Came back after a couple of days away and my brakes were still in the basket but cheaper. Scooby dooby.

Continental are a German company, and things are always sold cheaper in their country of origin than other places. Same reasons Mercedes and BMW are about the only Taxi's you will see out there, the price difference is huge!

Shimano are japanese, so how the heck do the germans continue to chuck out their stuff so cheap?! Like seriously cheap!! I'm having to physically avoid the sight to convince myself I don't need xtr cranks from there :lol:
  • is there a voucher code, or has 10% just been applied throughout every product (apart from bikes)?? I've got to the end and can't see anything about 10% being applied?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    lawman wrote:
    Shimano are japanese, so how the heck do the germans continue to chuck out their stuff so cheap?! Like seriously cheap!! I'm having to physically avoid the sight to convince myself I don't need xtr cranks from there :lol:
    Exchange rates, the prices are set in Euro and the exchange rate swing this year has dropped them by about 20% for us.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ive been using Rose now for a while,they even beat Chainreaction for prices. Ive just got a set of SLX brakes for £120....Bargin!!!!

You should have checked their prices for XT brakes... :twisted:
  • is there a voucher code, or has 10% just been applied throughout every product (apart from bikes)?? I've got to the end and can't see anything about 10% being applied?

The 10% is off already. Jump over to facebook. like them and install their app and you get another voucher code for £10 extra off
  • Yeh I saw the XT's.........the XT's are heavier than the SLX's and the pad adjustment doesnt do much so the money I saved will go towards a new set of wheels for my new bike. :lol:
  • I went for slx as they are apparently tuffer. Continentals = tyres. Guffaw.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    lawman wrote:
    Shimano are japanese, so how the heck do the germans continue to chuck out their stuff so cheap?! Like seriously cheap!!

Rose are a huge bike company as well as mail order so they've got enormous economies of scale. I kind of expected that some of their stuff would be OEM but so far everything's been retail boxed.

It's been suggested that Shimano's UK importers are scalpers as well but I couldn't really comment on that ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • stpboy
    stpboy Posts: 30
    for £188 id expect a full bike
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Northwind wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Shimano are japanese, so how the heck do the germans continue to chuck out their stuff so cheap?! Like seriously cheap!!

Rose are a huge bike company as well as mail order so they've got enormous economies of scale. I kind of expected that some of their stuff would be OEM but so far everything's been retail boxed.

The Deore cranks I just got were OEM, as was the rear SLX mech and Zee shifter.

Anyone know how to get the £10 off? I entered the code but it said it wasn't recognised and to put it in the comments box so I did but it hasn't been taken off. Should I just email them?
  • peter413 wrote:
    Anyone know how to get the £10 off? I entered the code but it said it wasn't recognised and to put it in the comments box so I did but it hasn't been taken off. Should I just email them?

Same thing happened to me.
    Also got the wrong part sent but hopefully that can be recitified easily this week.
  • Quick bump on this.
    They sent me the wrong part and didn't have a replacement for 6 weeks so I opted for a refund.
    Just want to say what excellent customer service; it's when a retailer has to deal with issues such as this that you find out how good they are. Returning the goods was painless and I have a full refund.
    :)
  • lawman wrote:
    Rose seem to selling stuff stupidly cheap this weekend!

Reverbs for £188...

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rock ... aid:559108

And shimano stuff is mega cheap too, zee cranks for £60 and the mech and shifter for £18 and £35!!

huh? Reverbs start at £160 from Bike-Discount...not sale, just there standard prices. Admittedly that's for a 100mm one but my 125mm only cost £170
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Reverbs currently available from Merlin for £150 with the 10% sale discount. :)

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/seatposts/2012-rock-shox-reverb-seatpost.html
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • handful wrote:
    Reverbs currently available from Merlin for £150 with the 10% sale discount. :)

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/seatposts/2012-rock-shox-reverb-seatpost.html

Great price!...well that's probably what they should cost tbh
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8