500 miles done

Philinmerthyr
Philinmerthyr Posts: 135
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Great ride this morning. From Tredz on Swansea Enterprise park, around the bay to Blackpill and then inland to Gowerton and back.

The 30 miles meant I've ridden 501 miles since 22nd Sept. I also improved 15 Strava times. I also rode 87 miles with 4 rides in the last week which is the most I've ridden in a week.

I think I've caught the cycling bug :lol:

Comments

• The 30 miles meant I've ridden 501 miles since 22nd Sept. I also improved 15 Strava times. I also rode 87 miles with 4 rides in the last week which is the most I've ridden in a week.

I think I've caught the cycling bug :lol:
    :)

I'm up to 422 miles now (since 6th Oct), and I feel the same. It was wet and 'orrible here this morning, so instead of riding, I fitted some Crud Mk2s (was that a faff or what!). It's just about dry enough to ride now, so I'm going to try them out - along with my new DHB overshoes that will hopefully cure the agony I've been returning home with these last few mornings.

I've also got a CO2 tyre inflator, which means that I can get my whole puncture kit into the little saddlebag. Which means that I now don't have to go out with a rucksack on my back. Woohoo - freedom!

Small things eh... still I'm easy to please when everything's new. :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    well done,thats a milestone reached..next one is 1k miles.keep it going
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    I recently passed the 500 mile mark myself (I'm on 522) and been riding since 5th Sept. Hoping to get to the 1000 mile mark by Xmas.

Well done on the landmark
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I passed the 500 mile mark on my 3rd week. As we say back home, go big or go home! :P
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Grill wrote:
    I passed the 500 mile mark on my 3rd week. As we say back home, go big or go home! :P

And there was me being pleased with the progress I've been making. I should be ashamed of my poor performance :roll:
  • Great achievement - well done and keep it up.
  • Good achievement. Some serious mileage there mate.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,907
    Keep it up, and you'll be surprised how the mileage soon stacks up. Regular commuting, get in a couple of sneaky 20-milers, and a longer weekend run, and you'll be counting in the 1000s rather than the 100s.
  • edewer
    edewer Posts: 99
    i should click over the 750 mark including the ride I'm about to embark on before work (50 miles). Thats since August 11 (My bday), but considering I've worked six days a week every week since then I reckon I've done fairly well! Wanna hit the 1k mark before xmas, and have a 62 mile sportive round the IOW coming up :)