Rose Xeon CRS-3100

njd37
njd37 Posts: 162
edited November 2012 in Your road bikes
2 weeks ago tomorrow my new bike turned up. It is a replacement for my summer bike, which was a Bianchi Sempre Athena Ltd.

After several months of looking, I decided to go for a Rose. I had kept changing my mind about what to get. And then i made the mistake of trying a Trek Domaine 5.9 with Ultegra Di2, and fell in love with the gears. But not the £4k price tag. I had looked at Rose on several occasions and liked the fact you could customize them from quite a range of different wheels/components etc. However was concerned about ordering without actually being able to see the bikes, I went to the Cycle Show in Birmingham and Rose had a largish stand there, with the Xeon CRS and the Xeon X-Lite on the stand i got a good look at the 2 different bikes I was interested in. I preferred the matt finish of the CRS so decided to go for it.

The bike is amazing to ride, really really stiff. Ive done about 100miles on it since getting it and have enjoyed every single one. Including over a mile at 10% up a mountain in wales (i hate climbing). It accelerates and handles brilliantly. Im really happy with it, and am now contemplating ordering an aluminium rose through cycle to work to use as a winter trainer instead of my current winter bike - Forme Reflex.

One picture below, will get some better ones taken once ive cleaned it.

Spec:

Groupset: Ultegra Di2 Groupset (53/39)
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL with Vittoria Open Corsa CX
Bars: 3T Ergonova Team Carbon - Black Series, wrapped in Fizik Gel Tape.
Stem: 3T ARX Team - Black Series
Seattube: 3T Dorico Team Carbon - Black Series
Saddle: Fizik Antares Carbon Braided

I have a set of Campagnolo Eurus wheels for climbing/windy days to go on it. And am planning on getting some Mavic Kysirium's as winter wheels.

photo.JPG

Comments