Saris Bones 3 for a Mondeo

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know if a Saris Bones 3 will fit a 2009 mondeo hatchback?
The fitting guide on the Saris website seems to be mainly US market cars and doesn't list the Mondeo.

Comments

• They will fit just about anything. As long as you can find a good enough anchor point for the claws at the top of the hatch shut line, the side of the hatch shut line close to the rear light clusters and an anchor point on the chassis underneath the rear bumper.

Had mine fitted to Punto's, Toyota Auris, C4 grand Picasso, Vauxhaul Vectra. Below is it fitted to my Auris.

PB050171.jpg

Enjoy setting up the arms on a torque tube style fit its great fun!!!!!!
  • Alibran
    Alibran Posts: 370
    If your Mondeo has no frame around the glass at the top of the hatch - mine didn't, but it was an older model - you won't be able to use the claws at the top, and the same might apply with the side ones, depending on the shape of your hatch.

The rack I bought for mine had the option of "doughnut" type fixings to replace the claws. They were big pieces of tubing that the straps wrapped round, and then they were braced against the inside of the glass when the hatch was closed to secure them. Our rack didn't arrive until the day before we were due to use it, and the doughnuts were an optional extra that you had to make a special request for, so we bodged some out of metal pipe with cardboard wrapped round it. It worked OK once we'd figured out where the doughnuts "wanted" to position themselves, and tightened the straps when them in that position.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's not going to fit. I tried fitting one & just can't get it to sit on there right