Chain Reaction

Dog Breath
Dog Breath Posts: 314
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Suppliers and retailers seem to get quite a bashing at times on here, particularly the recent Pro Bike Kit thread in Road Beginners section.

I ordered some Schwalbe tyres from CRC in January and have been constantly losing tyre cord on both tyres for some time.

On Tuesday I emailed CRC about this, and on Wednesday I received a reply requesting a photograph and some further information which I duly emailed on Wednesday evening.

On Thursday I received an email saying they would despatch 2 replacement tyres and that there was no need to return the old ones. The new tyres have just been received.

Credit where it’s due. Absolutely top quality customer service from CRC. A big thumbs up from me.

DB
Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
Planet X London Road Disc
Planet X RT80 Elite

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Just looked up that thread: dear lord, the OP needs help.

I've used PBK on numerous occasions and they're fine.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Well said. Bottom Bracket has a PPBK (ProProBikeKit) thread running. The original rant in beginners is nuts.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I blame wiggle.

Well someone had to...
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    That PBK thing is hilarious! <thread locked before it descends into personal insults> Haha! A little frickin' late!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    :shock: Thebigbee is properly weird and angry. He must ride a cervelo or something
  • brilliant couple of threads in road beginners...dare I enter the bottom bracket???
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I had to read the pbk thebigbee thread, it actually made me laugh out loud, he see's anger in everyones posting where there isn't one and makes everyone else out to be immature when he is the one spouting rubbish and insulting people with no provocation.

What a joker for all the wrong reasons.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    PBK thread is gold.
    Between SpeedKing, Spasypaddy and Thebigbee that's Wiggle, Rapha, PX and PBK to avoid. I'm going to have to take up a new hobby soon ;)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Paul E
    I'm outraged, please give me a reason for it, anything, any company, any person, any country ANYTHING.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I read it too, reminds me of this:

108243.strip.gif
    FCN = 4
  • Paul E
    The guy could argue with himself given half a chance
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dhope wrote:
    PBK thread is gold.
    Between SpeedKing, Spasypaddy and Thebigbee that's Wiggle, Rapha, PX and PBK to avoid. I'm going to have to take up a new hobby soon ;)

You forgot one - the infamous Bustacapp vs Ribble Cycles thread; http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12878139&hilit=ribble+%26amp%3B+cycles+%26amp%3B+complaint

Have fun :D

I'm just waiting for someone to find fault with HighonBikes though really that would be like beating Koala bears up :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Paul E
    One of his alter ego's "srayment" hasn't been seen since, odd that. I still think he is speedking who is still blaming wiggle