Fox Drcv Rear Shock help

Paulkingk
Paulkingk Posts: 689
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
OK so I have the above shock but just cant seem to get it to feel right. it seems to bottom out easy but the if i whack in extra air it seems to have an annoying top out. i cant seem to find a good middle ground. Also it leaks air. always has. Anyone else had similar probs? Im considering getting rid of it and go to a cane creek or something else. It definitely doesn't seem to be as good as my old RP2

Comments

• Daft question?? When topping up the air are you cycling the shock through the full travel to open up the DRCV chamber fully half way through and at the end before disconnecting the pump?? Also have you screwed the pump on correctly, mine used to have a two stage screw engagement, it would feel as though it was on correctly but you can screw it on a further 3 - 4 turns to fully engage the DRCV chamber. Also a good smear of some http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=3150 may help with the slight leak you may have.

I have recently upgraded mine to a Cane Creek DB Air for my riding style it has improved my bike no end!!! But I have gone a little more gravity based on my 2010 remedy 8.
  • Yeah ive done all of that still feels pretty nasty. not sure weather to change shock or get it tuned
  • Don't really know what else to advise you on, I used to love mine it was amazing and far better than any other fox air shock I had ridden or owned!!!!

I went for a new shock as I was advised the DRCV version was not tunable as the DRCV can on top is the tuning already!!!! And I kept bottoming it out with the riding style I was undertaking. Or putting to much air in and making the rear end like a pogo. The Fox shock expert from my old LBS advised me to go with a Cane Creek DB Air as it would give me a little more control, adjustment and a better stroke rate for my riding style/weight and bike.
  • that's cool man. I emailed mojo today see what they think. maybe its fault. i ride xc but also ride jumpy trails and drops i. I seem to bottom out on undulating ground. if i add more air i can feel it topping out . its a carbon frame. just don't wanna damage it.
  • Never felt mine bottom out apart from a big compression on Crag Quarry (always seems to happen there) - may be I'm not trying harder enough. Other than that its fine.
  • I went for the alloy version when I bought mine!!! Working with GRP's on aircraft I know what a pain they are if they get damaged!!! I just don't trust the foreign manufacturers enough just yet.

Go for the CC DB Air its fiddly to set up but awesome once you find the 3 or 4 setting combinations you need for our weather conditions!!!!!!!

I'm toying with variable bushings next to alter the geometry a bit more.