XC bike ideas?

tom harding
tom harding Posts: 108
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi

About 2 months ago I had to sell my whyte 19 trail (regrettably) to get the car going. I miss riding a lot and want to buy another bike for xc riding in the not too distant future. However this time I can't afford another whyte 19. My budget is £1000 max, preferably a bit cheaper. I'm open to buying something that may need upgrades eventually depending on how often I ride etc. I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what I should be looking at? I'm a fairly experienced rider but just can't afford what I'd like to be able to!

Cheers

Comments

• Have you seen these Whytes? If you are a medium there is a 905 for a touch over budget.

https://online.atb-sales.co.uk/m-3-whyt ... FilterID=0
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rockrider XC replica, carbon frame from the £1600 full on race spec bike, rest of the components from the regular 8.3, £899 from memory.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    Giant anthem X4 or X3 from Pauls Cycles. Great for £1000 and the frame is worth upgrading over time.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.