MV40 MV50 etc - please explain

Xcelerator
Xcelerator Posts: 35
Hi all,

Thinking of entering my first Sportive in the Spring, and on the website of one Sportive I looked at (Somerset Gran Fondo) the list of entrants contained categories against each name, such as MV40, MV50 and just "M". Can anyone explain this classification please, as this is not something I have come across before?

Many thanks
Giant Defy 2
Giant Defy Composite 1

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I suspect it means male veteran over 40 - anyone over 40 being a veteran and then categorised in 10 year age bands.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • I did wonder if it was that. I guess that makes me an MV40 then...... (not sure I like the "veteran" tag!!)
    Giant Defy 2
    Giant Defy Composite 1
  • Other categories are starting to creepin nowadaze............

MAMIL 40-45
    MAMIL 45-50
    OTH 50-55
    OTH 55-60
    RFTKY 60-65
    RFTKY 65-70
  • Removed.
  • Sorry to hijack your discussion, I'd just like to get the attention of Mr Itisaboutthebike. You have a bunch of unhappy customers posting messages and PMing you on RetroBike regarding stuff in your sales thread that either hasn't been sent or bears no resemblance to what was advertised. I've been awaiting a reply to my PMs since 8th and was beginning to worry that you may have been involved in a nasty accident or something - until now I see you are active here on a daily basis. tut, tut!

Well I look forward to hearing from you.