Comet. If you were going, don't bother.

pastryboy
pastryboy Posts: 1,385
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Virtually everything only 10% off and even the stuff that was 20 and 30% is unlikely to be much better than a few quid off the best online price.

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    John Lewis will match and sometimes even beat their prices as experienced this week when I had to buy cooker, dishwasher and washing machine. JL warranty and service is also miles better.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Yeah, we got JL to price match on our TV.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    plus you get 2 years warranty instead of 1.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • I'd have bought a dishwasher from JL except:

- Estimated delivery was 4 weeks (our AEG had just gone up in smoke - literally)
    - Previous stuff we've bought from them has arrived smashed to firewood
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    To be fair, Cambridge is probably a little more accessible than the mountainous tundra you call home. :wink:
  • We ended up having to replace our tumble drier in a hurry and went with Boots online. Delivered next day (Saturday) for an extra tenner and still came out £50 cheaper than the nearby places.
  • vermin wrote:
    To be fair, Cambridge is probably a little more accessible than the mountainous tundra you call home. :wink:

Accessible isn't the word I'd use for Cambridge. Great place so long as you aren't in a hurry to get anywhere :wink:
    I don't miss Cambridge much despite calling it my home town
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • pastryboy wrote:
    Virtually everything only 10% off and even the stuff that was 20 and 30% is unlikely to be much better than a few quid off the best online price.

Same up here. A friend got a new TV from Asda instead.... model at comet £800, Asda price £280 no wonder they went bust.