Brompton repairs in London

2»

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    menthel wrote:
    You could give my company havebike a go! We'd pick the Brompton up on a Friday and Return it fully serviced on the Monday. For what it's worth we work with Brompton Dock servicing their bikes, service TFL and UBS' in house Brompton fleet and have our own, oh and two of our mechanics own Bromptons as well.

PM me if you are interested. We may even be able to fit you in today.

What kind of area do you cover for this? The wife's brompton needs a good service and I hate even fixing punctures on the bloody thing.

Only zones 1-3 at the moment.

Hmm, could bring it in to work...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    menthel wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    You could give my company havebike a go! We'd pick the Brompton up on a Friday and Return it fully serviced on the Monday. For what it's worth we work with Brompton Dock servicing their bikes, service TFL and UBS' in house Brompton fleet and have our own, oh and two of our mechanics own Bromptons as well.

PM me if you are interested. We may even be able to fit you in today.

What kind of area do you cover for this? The wife's brompton needs a good service and I hate even fixing punctures on the bloody thing.

Only zones 1-3 at the moment.

Hmm, could bring it in to work...

Go for it! We could even do it at your office if there's room/demand for onsite servicing. PM me if you want details etc.
  • gattonero
    gattonero Posts: 16
    Rolf F wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I would think the OP is sorted by now as it was well over a year ago.

Not if he booked it in at Condor by the sound of it....

Do you think they have a 1 year waiting list?
    Ciao!
    Andrea
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,091
    gattonero wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm not sure Condor are that clued up on Bromptons based on some experiences of colleagues. IIRC they came back with the cables in a bit of a mess.

Hi!

What was wrong exactly? Did they sorted out the cables?

Um, it's a while ago now, but IIRC, the brake and gear cables were not rethreaded through the various eyelets in quite the right way. Sounds a small thing, but it meant that when the bike was folded, the cables didn't tuck in properly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    TGOTB wrote:
    The guy who runs the shop is a passionate bike geek rather than a businessman, so don't expect next-day delivery.
    Indeed; I've read many of his posts about bespoke work on STW; the Rohloff conversion looks very slick.
  • gattonero
    gattonero Posts: 16
    rjsterry wrote:
    gattonero wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    I'm not sure Condor are that clued up on Bromptons based on some experiences of colleagues. IIRC they came back with the cables in a bit of a mess.

Hi!

What was wrong exactly? Did they sorted out the cables?

Um, it's a while ago now, but IIRC, the brake and gear cables were not rethreaded through the various eyelets in quite the right way. Sounds a small thing, but it meant that when the bike was folded, the cables didn't tuck in properly.

That's funny, as I see most shops do fold repaired Bromptons while stored, one would assume the bike was "foldable" then?
    Ciao!
    Andrea
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I would think the OP is sorted by now as it was well over a year ago.

It's been sold now :lol:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    iPete wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    Dude - if you think you can just drop your bike in at Condor and get it seen to immediately - you may be in for a surprise - they get booked up pretty quickly....

I don't need it, can sit in a shop for weeks if needs be.. but went to action bikes and they said it is a Chinese component that Brompton no longer use and only they can fix so it would need to be sent off. Going to treat it to lots of gt85.

SO much for the made in London, huh? If you need I'm linked-in with WIll, Brompton's MD... he might sort you out... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023