Five Ten and Teva shoe sizing??

tut_gareth
tut_gareth Posts: 16
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm going to get my self either some Five ten Freeriders or some Teva Links ( which ever come cheapest). But not sure on their sizing... I'm a 9.5 - 10 uk
Do the sizes come up small or are they fairly accurate?

Comments

• Hey just bought some FiveTen Spitfires (not miles away from the freerider) and I am normally a 10.5, was delighted that fiveten do half sizes and bought the 10.5 accordingly; fit perfectly. So my entirely non-empirical study tells me that their sizes are pretty accurate...
  • Thanks i was thinking of going 9.5 (44) on the Freeriders so hopefully they should be ok.....
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    Spot on for me too, I'm 10.5 in most other shoes, ordered 10.5 Freeriders and they fit perfectly.
  • I'm normally a 9 in regular shoes, tried a 9 in the Links and felt they were a tad too small, the 10 is a better fit.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I tried on both five tens and tevas and my size was exactly as expected - I have the five ten karver (as I bought it before I saw the tevas in another shop)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I found Teva shoes very narrow, I'm normally a size 10 but in the Teva's even a size 12 was a bit tight.
  • Cubist
    Cubist Posts: 73
    Do adidas not own five ten now?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Cubist wrote:

Yes - And?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Cubist
    Cubist Posts: 73
    Cubist wrote:

Yes - And?

Well, coming from a manufacturing background, experience tells me that, if five tens sizing doesnt conform to industry standards already then it soon will do.
    Generally though i was just making conversation! Ok with you? :lol:
  • tut_gareth wrote:
    Hi,

I'm going to get my self either some Five ten Freeriders or some Teva Links ( which ever come cheapest). But not sure on their sizing... I'm a 9.5 - 10 uk
    Do the sizes come up small or are they fairly accurate?

size 9 ordered size 9 great fit 5/10 all the way