Routes around Surrey

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited November 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hey guys,

I live in Surrey, not too far from Epsom but am looking for some decent routes/roads to make my training more challenging. I usually cycle to Richmond park and do a couple of laps before making the return journey; however, it's fairly flat and I feel that my training isn't progressing too well.

If anyone has already uploaded or can suggest a route they're familiar with, I would be so grateful. The reason as to why I've not created my own route is because there are some roads I'd rather avoid (the bypass) and some roads I'm not familiar with.

Thanks

Comments

• owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Up Chalk Lane to Epsom Downs, head to Burford Bridge via Langley Vale, Headley and Lodgebottom Road. From Burford Bridge head up past Box Hill and Westhumble station and up Ranmore Common Road to Ranmore. Turn right at the top of the hill and then right again after the church, continue along the ridge to Critten Lane into which you turn right and continue down hill to the traffic lights at Effingham. Straight over the lights to Effingham Junction station, turn right after the bridge to Cobham. Once you get to Cobham you can pick a number of ways to get back to Epsom.

Not sure of distance from Epsom but somewhere around 30-35 miles with a couple of good climbs
  • No idea what sort of distance you're after, but if you fancy skipping the ride south and just want plenty of options for climbs, hop on the train from Epsom to Ockley and that'll put you a short warm-up ride from the Surrey Hills. Pretty much everthing within the Guildford - Dorking - Horsham triangle can be considered quiet roads, and there's a good mix of terrain in there.
    Mangeur