Recommendations on hotels and restaurants for X-mas dinner.

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Someone very dear to my heart lost someone (very dear to my heart) earlier this year and as such she doesn't want to have Christmas at home. She has suggested having Christmas Dinner at a hotel or restaurant in either the Central London area or the Surrey/just outside the southernly side of the M25 area - with the possibility of, if at a hotel, staying the night and leaving Boxing Day, maybe the day after.

Guys, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    No, but book soon - the office Christmas do bookings will block book stuff very quickly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    No, but book soon - the office Christmas do bookings will block book stuff very quickly.
    Having your office Cristmas do on Christmas day is bad for your work-life balance...
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    ANYONE!?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    rjsterry wrote:
    Having your office Cristmas do on Christmas day is bad for your work-life balance...

Arf. You could do worse than St Pancras Renaissance Marriott (to give it its full name) - last year's work do was very nice, and a friend had his wedding there. Apart from anything else, it is an amazing building.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Don't think I would usually go to places nice enough for what you're after. Will give it a go though!

http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1994/london-restaurants-open-on-christmas-day

From the South London options maybe http://www.timeout.com/london/hotels/venue/4:179793/the-windmill-on-the-common

Or this list is from last year

http://www.londonlovesbusiness.com/londons-best/top-five-london-restaurants-for-christmas-day-lunch/1257.article

Couple of nice places I have thought of I've actually been to are closed for Christmas.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    probably needs to be a hotel - most restaurants close to give the staff a day off
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Try Stoke Park Hotel....it's very nice, the staff are very warm and friendly, there's the full gamut of spa/pool blah blah plus plenty of space to take a walk. The food is very good (including the best omelette i've ever had in my life at Bfast). we stayed there on the evening of 25th - 27th a couple of years back (so not actually Xmas eve). Top experience.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    We went to one of the big hotels on Edgeware Road one year, but it wasn't that good. Very Christmas, but kind of dull.

There's a pub in Hampstead that was much better, but I can't remember which one (maybe the Roebuck) . It wasn't Christmas food, but a nice atmosphere for lunch and some drinks.
    exercise.png