My new Cinelli

riggsy81
riggsy81 Posts: 281
edited February 2017 in Your road bikes
Finally picked up my Cinelli Experience although not had chance to take out for a proper ride so not had time to remove a few spacers to lower stem etc
IMAG0282-2.jpg

It's got full campagnolo veloce groupset, Deda zero stem and bars, Superleggera saddle and post, Rodi rims

Will be getting saddle/seatpost upgrade and new wheels/tyres in the spring
I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
NO EXCUSES
JUST RIDE!!!

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks the business! The best cinelli colour scheme by a country mile too :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • riggsy81
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Looks the business! The best cinelli colour scheme by a country mile too :)
    Ta matey

Yeah the colour is spot on...
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • napoleond
    Just noticed, is the stem *right* at the top of the steerer!? Don't ride it like that if it is!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • riggsy81
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Just noticed, is the stem *right* at the top of the steerer!? Don't ride it like that if it is!

Not right at the top it has a spacer but it will be getting one of the bigger spacers taken out and put on top to lower stem
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • napoleond
    Heh, phew! It looks like it was perched right on the top as it looks like you can see the bricks where the stem is sculpted...

Anyhoo, lookinbg forward to the ride report...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • riggsy81
    Will let you know how it rides as may head out in the chesire countryside 2mo

Tonight is upgrade list time haha
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • napoleond
    I may see you out there!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • riggsy81
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I may see you out there!

I'll look out for someone going past me LOL
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • riggsy81 wrote:

Please post here what you have in mind!
  • i do have a soft-spot for these china-ellis... your bike looks fab...
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Nice, good to see another Xperience. I have a red/white 2010 one. Yours is indeed the best colour scheme.

It's not got Cinelli finishing kit? I'm dialling 999 as I type...
  • riggsy81
    Nice, good to see another Xperience. I have a red/white 2010 one. Yours is indeed the best colour scheme.

It's not got Cinelli finishing kit? I'm dialling 999 as I type...

haha no I fancied Deda for the bars/stem and whatever I could for saddle and seatpost as will be getting swapped :mrgreen:
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • othello
    othello Posts: 578
    riggsy81 wrote:

I've got the red and black 2010 model and I've been gradually upgrading over the past 18 months. Not much left of the original bike to be honest!

Campagnolo Zonda wheels
    Conti 4000s tyres
    Planet-x Ti QRs
    Stock Cinelli bars
    Planet-X CNC stem
    Kore carbon seatpost
    Stock Sella Italia saddle (suits me and no need to change yet)
    Old pair of Record Ergos
    Chorus skeleton brakes
    Chorus front mech
    Chorus rear mech
    Chorus compact chainset
    Speedplay pedals

Comes in at just under 19lb (I have a X Large frame). The next step is to swap the frame, but I love the fit cna can't quite bring myself to do it yet!
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • riggsy81
    first ride out on it today and after a few tweaks here and there I am a happy man....
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • riggsy81
    so still got the Cinelli not much has changed, she's got Campag wheels til I get summit nice and carbon built up, Clement Strada LGG tyres, Deda Superzero bars and stem (currently on its way to me)

Still running Veloce but fancy a change so may upgrade a few bits

IMG_4635.jpg
    IMG_4640.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • Nice bike.

Quick question about the Superzero bars, how wide is the narrow part of the bar where the stem clamps? I want to get some but I can't get the matching stem, so I want to make sure I still have space for my K-Edge mount if I use my existing stem.
  • riggsy81
    Cheers

the matching Deda Superzero stem is 31.7mm but I'm currently running it with an ITM 31.8mm stem
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • Sorry, I meant how much space do you have either side of the stem as opposed to the diameter of the bar. I see from the pic there is a garmin mount on them, so as long as your stem isn't super skinny I guess I'd have enough room too!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Much prefer the colour scheme on yours than mine.

Good to see some other Castelli Experience users on the forum.

Sorry to hijack the thread with another one but picked the frameset up at a good price recently and put some used (10 speed) components on.

I have used a Kinesis Aithein fork from my previous bike which sheds a bit of weight, loving the short wheelbase and tight handling from choosing a slightly smaller frame than my previous bikes.

Not my first choice in colour schemes but it does look much nicer in the flesh.

8wBfSMNHAYHjOi1FEVhLXIrjIe1J9TCQFtVzNmUrfQkdoUnF3BXygU059qRukEPrzsIXO15rgLwPTgdRDX2smvpeuK0tCc7c1IvzPF_6TRR0sDmZg4r9fy8z2EGHfOFDz0bdqDWyI6G6vgeiRMSrSf4NgmpnR1rcEAnNZRYKgnRvkUAL4mA35qZl1VWnnWa_uEssolu1lOA4BexfBDvNCKz1VTLUGqV6B4stsleKdpGBrGtFGjGivU3mbgNJDudnuBTCN43Id0RSZLROWoz58waIYyPcoR-tqxT629Pwaw7GA0IAMXJH5I9zhraQZQPNIuIjDQCfwmNPLovoN4-d5MZEy-ThysGA2JMew9Ng3lS6d8zOoL2gAaf3NllL981A-TJHoAp65ycBSgVpxYAI-4lT4aJ5Bj03qWgNC7P-lM78gr9ab-lTQ-cs7bqLutrklqtBZarjvOzmXOS2FNTOA9A3Puvk2Dd_39kCtV2zhdVoX0KNchvx2pWPnljMVS_V_8mg_a-qOh72LEHDFuCf1nwWqmOBP3Fhi9dJrtCcLV9dUrpXtf4FgI209a44g0xBXA_6O8VN3nUmamDmnTE_JoPMcGcHZfHGtc2YuvKSrdC-HCgpkVa3=w1032-h774-no
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    ^^ sorted the photo at last^^

wDHY6mFM1YvxS_xPjMtosFmw2jk0uEY9eIGlqoTOvPz8rNv0rMlAHSzv7bvZK2QwdQbfBYQVfLJuhR9NfWIddOyQVgvdnESkRkskTOECqHqRvBhnQurksfmsNOVsmbwEWfk3bR3dyMdWlhsCinG8IoISqh1IpOdj1hRd_xIlp5zqsPG44Tce83bXGnWuWY11N5lqsvDsvfrpHrZr2rxzutnE0_c9cwDxF0kQYcIgcxHOGkzrWllV3UHIIcC3Retkcx03fMYO554_bNTUo1vJh64xbCXyPI-VdaK7qSPjJzNQY6Pkj6eL-CGF3S0Q67TlLD8PqV-TImJa-WWpBCNHhk2FT2ovqToJUy_AIn9brzZVpjTBzGnIUuUktbWuo-WbV4tcSB2tvq0ilESLHzaI88nktQ0gV_OMfU_zaLu-LUQlcWCBg3MQ3Zl57UutlxufiUgK-vfrqKw7VHuyNADmIt6ZC5VZ7H--TBksCYLqWaqxAUwmL0pN2QDjgchF3GcEYy9Gl-jcVH6qMx9575XhE8NSWWoRc5r7XzTJoQHdMPdNZdb0FKm39yGZz1KtF8AwFxEp29qb5tKCm7UO-RB0v5FAU6__PbXbAHgjkYnJxFI48Wcn5Ieb=w1032-h774-no
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Image still not showing.... :wink:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...