Names of films I can't find

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,346
edited November 2012 in The bottom bracket
Remember those channel 4 films where there was a little green triangle in the corner ?

1. Set in Spain (I think) about a man who goes into a telephone booth and can't get out and ends up on the back of a trailer in the booth to meet a grizzly end. (not sure if it was a green triangle film, but hey)

2. Some strange but very funny french film where a bloke gets sacked/or laid off and wreaks havoc by first of all giving cunni lingus to a secretary under a glass table and then knocking the wall of his flat down, creating a seige with the police and eating one of them !

3. A film about a guy set in the Mid West who restores a carousel and then gets blackmailed into a fight with a dog to get the main drive cog from some idiot local who kept it from him....

Help !

There will be more.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Number 1 sounds like the short film La Cabina.
  • number 2 was Themroc, i used to get in confused with zardoz.

oh how I miss the indie c4

I used to love their strand of indie filmmakers - first time I saw stephen dwoskin was on c4, happy days
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I used to love c4's films, i remember one by a guerilla us film maker - a deconstruction of the noir genre - it was called 'city of angels' I think - cn't find any details of it anywhere.

I remember for the narrator who interrupted the action and would say "This is where they found the body - look at the blood" and then started throwing red pain around - sounds cack but imo it rivalled godard at his best. :mrgreen:
  • By the way, talking of radical film-makers, here's a true genius

no wonder the americans hated him
  • Remember those channel 4 films where there was a little green triangle in the corner ?

1. Set in Spain (I think) about a man who goes into a telephone booth and can't get out and ends up on the back of a trailer in the booth to meet a grizzly end. (not sure if it was a green triangle film, but hey)

2. Some strange but very funny french film where a bloke gets sacked/or laid off and wreaks havoc by first of all giving cunni lingus to a secretary under a glass table and then knocking the wall of his flat down, creating a seige with the police and eating one of them !

3. A film about a guy set in the Mid West who restores a carousel and then gets blackmailed into a fight with a dog to get the main drive cog from some idiot local who kept it from him....

Help !

There will be more.

I remember that one. He ends up at some sort of dumping ground that is fullof telephone boxes with dead people inside. Great shortie.

Anyone remember when you used to get a B movie at the flicks?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • pinno
    There was an episode of either Tales of the unexpected or the Twighlight zone where a guy is in his garage keeping the world in balance with this extravagent machine and the doc takes him away to the funny farm. Meanwhile things that the guy predicted start happening because the machine starts to go wonky and the doc takes him back to his garage. The episode ends when the doc visits him and the guy tells the doc that he is going on holiday and "its your turn".
    Anyone remember that.?
    Talking of B films and the like, I remember 'Screen Test'. Those were the good old days.
  • There was an episode of either Tales of the unexpected or the Twighlight zone where a guy is in his garage keeping the world in balance with this extravagent machine and the doc takes him away to the funny farm. Meanwhile things that the guy predicted start happening because the machine starts to go wonky and the doc takes him back to his garage. The episode ends when the doc visits him and the guy tells the doc that he is going on holiday and "its your turn".
    Anyone remember that.?
    Talking of B films and the like, I remember 'Screen Test'. Those were the good old days.

Don't recall that one. Do you remember the Hammer House of Horror series? The House that dripped blood. Good low budget drama.

Screen Test was brill. Good old Michael Rod, where is he now? Probably working for Team Sky
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    One I've been trying to find...

A couple live on a plot that is overlooked by a huge sign that is advertising spectacles. The advert is just the eyes of a man wearing the glasses. The husband of the couple becomes deluded into thinking that the eyes are God.

I used to like the C4 indie films too, it was the best thing about the channel.

Sorry I can't help the OP, but I recall the one about the telephone box too, and I remembered it EVERYTIME I stepped into one, which is fortunately rare these days.

The older I get, the better I was.

• RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    afx237vi wrote:
    Number 1 sounds like the short film La Cabina.

Yes, must be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFeERCVkAPg
    Capt Slog wrote:
    A couple live on a plot that is overlooked by a huge sign that is advertising spectacles. The advert is just the eyes of a man wearing the glasses. The husband of the couple becomes deluded into thinking that the eyes are God.

This pretty much happens in The Great Gatsby (at least in the book), though I'm guessing you're thinking of something else.
  • nick67
    nick67 Posts: 111
    Tales of the unexpected was brilliant, the one I always remember is the prisoner who tried to escape with the help of the chap in the morgue.

Could not find which episode on youtube, but great twist at the end
  • capt_slog
    RDW wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

This pretty much happens in The Great Gatsby (at least in the book), though I'm guessing you're thinking of something else.

I've looked at the film's stills and that seems to be the one. Thanks, it's been bugging me for ages. Is the wife hit by a car?

• RDW
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I've looked at the film's stills and that seems to be the one. Thanks, it's been bugging me for ages. Is the wife hit by a car?

Yes, that's also in the book (I know it's been filmed several times, but I don't think I've seen any of them).
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    By the way, talking of radical film-makers, here's a true genius

no wonder the americans hated him

And so relevant today.

Thumbs_Up.png
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    Wasn't the triangle red? I recall when it was first introduced. Walking home from a friends after a night in the pub I walked past dozens of lit front rooms with middle aged men in. Before the red triangle those rooms were in darkness. Whether Stockport was the centre of indie film appreciation or just had lots of blokes looking for a bit of nudity in the days before the internet I fear I know not.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    French film with subtitles, about 25 years ago approx, about a french farmhouse during a nuclear attack on France. The family emerge from the cellar after the explosion and the film follows on from that.

Anyone remember the name?
    Peter
  • RDW
    DF33 wrote:
    French film with subtitles, about 25 years ago approx, about a french farmhouse during a nuclear attack on France. The family emerge from the cellar after the explosion and the film follows on from that.

Malevil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malevil
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    RDW wrote:
    DF33 wrote:

Malevil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malevil

A simple man looking for a dog called "Mo Mo"? :?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Could be malevil, thanks, I'll look into it further tonight
    Peter
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    Themroc- red triangle warned the viewer of a realy crap film with a single fleeting glimpse of fanny
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • kirkee wrote:
    Themroc- red triangle warned the viewer of a realy crap film with a single fleeting glimpse of fanny

That was the primary reason for watching 'art house' movies.

Two with a high fanny quotient, the latter being totally stunning too - Von Triers The Idiots and Import/Export...oh and Pasolinis 120 days of Stoke. :D
  • capt_slog
    Does anyone recall "Tampopo"? I think hat was the name, it's about a woman trying to find a noodle recipe, I know that sounds like it must be crap but it's great fun. Japanese I think.

• what about that amnesic serial killer.....
  • pinno
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Does anyone recall "Tampopo"? I think hat was the name, it's about a woman trying to find a noodle recipe, I know that sounds like it must be crap but it's great fun. Japanese I think.

I remember it. The woman in question's father died. He had the best noodle bar (underneath and adjacent to a flyover) but when she took over she couldn't emulate her fathers noodles becasue she couldn't get the stock right. She musters up the help of an alcoholic ex-chef who shows her how to make the stock.
    Great scene with the little boy when they break into a hotel and he cooks the little boy an omelette. As well as the fight scene with the alcoholic chef and some bloke over a silly argument, wrestling around in the dirt.