Pity I have no direct experience.....
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    F*ck. I'm looking for a new job and that would be perfect...if I had the requisite experience.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    F*ck. I'm looking for a new job and that would be perfect...if I had the requisite experience.

You do know they would probably expect you to ride their bikes?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    I couldn't possibly take it, the commute is too short. Nothing to do with not being able to match most of the required criteria.
  • il_principe
    Asprilla wrote:

You do know they would probably expect you to ride their bikes?

Hehe, I'd be happy to ride Canyon as well. Heard nothing but good things about them!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Hmmm. I actually have all the skills and experience they are looking for (on paper at least), and happen to have spent most of the last 10 years reporting into a German management team. Not sure Mrs F would be terribly happy though, given she wants to move back to Cornwall...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • il_principe
    Fark it. I applied anyway. I've done basically everything they want aside from working in the industry. Can't imagine it would take long to pick up. I mentioned that I'm not ideally qualified though and asked if they will be recruiting for any other roles in the UK. I would bite their hand off for a crack at that!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Haven't you just started a new job? Or at least been there for a year?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    DonDaddyD wrote:

A year? In the same job?

Good lord, you folks have some attention span.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Il P, you know, you always were my favourite poster here. Now, about that new bike...

On my way to an interview right now - if only I could meet half of the criteria for Canyon things might be so different.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Hmmm. I actually have all the skills and experience they are looking for (on paper at least), and happen to have spent most of the last 10 years reporting into a German management team. Not sure Mrs F would be terribly happy though, given she wants to move back to Cornwall...

Doesn't stop me.

Work in London three days a week and back home two days a week.

Get your CV updated and sent in!! ;)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • il_principe
    Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

A year? In the same job?

It'll be my shortest stay in a proper job ever. Was at the last place for over 4 years, but the MD here is a massive c0ckwomble and the firm is tiny so I can't progress. Also I've realised I hate driving a desk all day, basically am contemplating a career change anyway. Would love to work in cycling even though I'm sure the money is pretty poor.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    vermin wrote:
    Il P, you know, you always were my favourite poster here. Now, about that new bike...

On my way to an interview right now - if only I could meet half of the criteria for Canyon things might be so different.
    I was going to write something similar, and also mention that I'm local if anything needs testing.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    I've realised I hate driving a desk all day
    +1
    basically am contemplating a career change anyway.
    +2
    Would love to work in cycling even though I'm sure the money is pretty poor.
    +3

My friend emailed me earlier asking if I wanted to go into business with him, buying old frames and fitting them with new parts, then selling them on. Tempted...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited November 2012
    Asprilla wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

A year? In the same job?

It'll be my shortest stay in a proper job ever. Was at the last place for over 4 years, but the MD here is a massive c0ckwomble and the firm is tiny so I can't progress. Also I've realised I hate driving a desk all day, basically am contemplating a career change anyway. Would love to work in cycling even though I'm sure the money is pretty poor.

1x + 1y = mutually exclusive

Where 'x' = [wouldn't mind] earning less and 'y' = baby on the way.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,313
    Mates Rates for a new Canyon.

Woohoo
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Didn't realise they were in kingston- wonder if they need anyone in graphics/ design- i know sod all about marketing/managing. hhhhmmmmm