Pauls Cycles Delivery

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited November 2012 in MTB general
I've ordered a bike from Pauls Cycles and they are using XDP Express as a courier company.
Has anyone experienced this courier company and/or receiving a bike from Pauls Cycles?

I should have had the bike by Monday but it hasn't turned up and whenever i ring Pauls Cycles they say it has been built and packaged off.The money has also been taken by them.
I realise that there can be a delay of a couple of days but when there is no actual track of my bike it is really annoying to put it mildly!!
Anyone has a good experience or a bad one from Pauls Cycles when bike ordering? Are XDP Express reliable or pretty poor?
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    They've delivered to N.I with no problems.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Paul's were fine, but I had fun with their courier (might have been XDP, I can't remember)
    Box arrived at my office, so I told the courier to wait while I checked everything (bought a few bits as well) was all in the box. Said he didn't have time to wait and if I wouldn't sign he'd take it away.
    We had a tug of war with the box, which I won, then he stormed off in a huff.
    Got a call from Paul's asking why I'd rejected the bike - told them I hadn't rejected it, still had it, just hadn't signed.
    Courier ended up coming back the next day for a signature (I told them I'd be out the rest of the day - a lie but...)
    If he'd just waited 30 seconds.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Have Pauls not given you the consignment number? You can then track through the couriers website
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • mikeyj28
    Have Pauls not given you the consignment number? You can then track through the couriers website

Yes they have and it registers on the database but XDP are saying that they haven't got it as it isn't at a warehouse/on a lorry etc.
    Pauls say it has been shipped and that i should have had it by Monday. I did pay for it on Monday last week.

Think i shall have to ring Pauls again.

Cooldad- funny story about the delivery driver. They do all seem to be a bunch of arses though and never care at all about what they are delivering. Attitude seems to be ring the bell, get it signed and bugger off as quickly as possible. Good on you for having the fight oevr the box haha!
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    We get lots delieverd at work by UPS and DHL, both regular drivers, never had an issue, they recognise that a short wait is faster than having to come back again!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeah I don't normally fight with people but he was a d1ck.

OK I fight with lot's of people, but that's because there are a lot of d1cks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mikeyj28 wrote:
    Yes they have and it registers on the database but XDP are saying that they haven't got it as it isn't at a warehouse/on a lorry etc.

Once the collection driver accepts it, it should be scanned into the couriers system and a status logged. If the driver doesn't have a scanner it gets done off his paperwork at the depot. So if it's been booked in it should have a location. If not it'll be sat at a depot. Get Pauls to chase. They'll have a collection receipt and will be within their remit to chase as the couriers haven't delivered on time. As you've not signed it's technically still their goods
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • I have ordered a bike from Pauls Cycles before, it came after 3 or 4 days I think.
    The bike was great, cant fault it. I went over every nut and bolt and everything was tight and put together.
    If Im being picky, the bottom of the forks were a bit marked, like the bike had been put on the floor with no front wheel fitted and no protection, but they were only small marks.
    What bike have you ordered?
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 wrote:

Once the collection driver accepts it, it should be scanned into the couriers system and a status logged. If the driver doesn't have a scanner it gets done off his paperwork at the depot. So if it's been booked in it should have a location. If not it'll be sat at a depot. Get Pauls to chase. They'll have a collection receipt and will be within their remit to chase as the couriers haven't delivered on time. As you've not signed it's technically still their goods

In all fairness i rang Pauls and they said they would chase it and get back to me yesterday- which they did. In all fairness Pauls said that they would get an answer off XDP couriers about locating the bike. I should be getting a call from Pauls at some point today with an update.
    So far it looks like the fault is lying with the courier company.Pauls were very helpful yesterday.
  • mikeyj28
    Pauls cycles have phoned me and they have tracked down the bike. It will be delivered tomorrow so happy days. Great service from PAuls cycles. Shame about the courier company though!