DHB Clothing

jfrankland1991
jfrankland1991 Posts: 100
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
I have been looking at getting some new clothing to keep me warm during the winter months (and to look a bit more professional 8) ).

I have been looking at the DHB range on Wiggle and like the look of them very much, seem reasonably priced as well. Has anyone had any experience of buying from Wiggle and also the DHB range? I have read on some reviews that the sizing isn't good so putting me off a bit buying off the internet before trying it first.

Any advice?

Cheers

James

Comments

• I have been looking at getting some new clothing to keep me warm during the winter months (and to look a bit more professional 8) ).

I have been looking at the DHB range on Wiggle and like the look of them very much, seem reasonably priced as well. Has anyone had any experience of buying from Wiggle and also the DHB range? I have read on some reviews that the sizing isn't good so putting me off a bit buying off the internet before trying it first.

Any advice?

Cheers

James

Lots of my clothing is dhb. Leg warmers, arm warmers, bib tights, balaclava etc. I'd just say go for the size you normally would. WIth someone like Castelli always go a size up.
  • Thanks, I'm guessing as most of your clothing is DHB it is good kit. That is what I was going to do, but there are a lot of people that say the sizing is wrong
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I find the sizing fine and comparable to other brands.. the medium jerseys could be marginally longer for me.. but I prefer a slightly shorter fit as I find it prevents sagging at the back, and bunching at the front.

The size guide for the shorts Is pretty spot on -> their summer stuff is copmarable to other brands eg. endura.. but the size guide is different for the winter shorts and tights so be careful to get the right size for your height and waist.

Also pay attention to how the fit is described.. eg 'form fit', 'slim fit' etc. as I find this pretty much spot on too.

eg I'm a Large in Endura and DHB shorts normally, but their Size guide puts me as a medium in their winter Bibs.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    No problems with sizing or quality for me, great kit for the price. I've tended to get stuff from the middle/higher parts of the range rather than the very cheapest stuff though.

No issues with delivery/returns with Wiggle either.
  • I'm 6'0 with a 36" chest and I fit 30" waist trousers comfortably. I only have one DHB garment: unpadded roubaix bib tights. I too was worried about the sizing but I ordered a small and the fit is fine.

Quality-wise I'm pleased with them. Foot loops would be nice to have, but for the price that's hardly something to complain about. In that price range I'd gladly buy DHB again, though when it comes to shorts and jerseys I'd rather spend slightly more on something somewhat nicer; at least than the cheaper end of the DHB line. When it comes to durability, cut and quality of padding, you generally get what you pay for.
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    DHD, got lots of it, good quality. I seem to often be between L and XL. If unsure I order both. Wiggle provide a post free return service which works well. You do have to part with twice the money but refunds have always been very prompt (within a couple of dayes of posting the return item). One important point, always keep the receipt for the return postage in case it gets lost.
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    I've got quite a bit of DHB stuff. As others have said, the sizing is pretty accurate & I find the quality's good for the price. The kit washes & lasts well.
  • I have been looking at getting some new clothing to keep me warm during the winter months (and to look a bit more professional 8) ).

Any advice?

Cheers

James

Depends what size you are. Bib shorts/shorts etc are spot on to the sizing guide I have found, however when you get into the jackets etc be cautious. I am 6.3, 48 inch chest, 38/40 waist. According to their sizing guides on the jackets I should be xxl. The xxl turned up and was frankly tiny. My girlfriend is now using it who is 5.6 and a size 10. Thats my only gripe. In general I think their stuff is great value.
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Just buy and try. Returns are free with collect plus via wiggle
  • I have some DHB undershorts that are excellent in quality and fit. Wiggle too are an excellent online bike shop and so too are CRC - Chain Reaction Cycles.

Remember that cashback is available too via Topcashback - don't bother with Quidco anymore seeing that they charge you £5 to use their services!!

I also recommend Dare2b cycling clothing which is well priced and good quality. Can often pick up decent bits from RutlandLeisure on Ebay very reasonably priced.

HTH

Cheers
  • Agreed with everyone, DHB is my go-to clothing. Cheap but sturdy.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    It's good quality stuff and the sizing/cut is generally decent (and getting better). part of the issue some people may have is not a lot of their stuff is 'race cut' so people might find bits flapping they weren't expecting (I have a couple of years old l/s jersey and the torso is a snug fit but the arms are pretty flappy and I don't have skinny arms). I think they're doing more for that area of the market as well now to though.
  • many thanks for all the replys, I think I will go ahead and purchase some gear. For the winter months I was thinking of getting a long sleeved jersey and a base layer to wear underneath. Would anyone recommend a windproof jacket or a gilet to go on top?
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    I'd advise a little caution with tops from dhb. The gear is good but I've had to send back a couple of bits - a jersey, overshoes (the new 2012 version, i've had to send XL then L back, now ordered M and thats for size 46.5 road shoe!!) plus base layers come up small. I had to go up a size in the Momentum jersey (really good price at the moment btw) from normal XL in everyday clothing to a size XXL, as I do with Castelli, Santini etc. It's a bit of a minefield when starting so expect a few returns. If you can afford to then ordering 2 sizes and returning free for a refund is the ideal option imo. Momentum is a really nice jersey btw, I'd recommend it, it's thick and should last through the winter. Ideally though you may want a windstopper, have a look on Presdas site as they had some a while back. Or do what I've been doing and wear a windproof gilet over the momentum and it's toasty and will see you through most winter days.
  • andyeb
    andyeb Posts: 407
    On the whole I've found DHB clothing to be good value and for the most part reasonable quality. However the merino wool socks I bought from them last winter were utter junk - they've been darned and re-darned a dozen times now.
  • I recently ordered their winter shorts and top the material is not Lycra but its warm and looks ok and is as good as some of the castelli stuff on the market, so much so I ordered some Dbh overshoes and again they look and feel good quality
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I recently bought some vaeon bib's and tights and not tried the tights on as I had to leave them at work due to no space in my bag but the bibs have become my favourites, very comfy and fit well and warm enough down to 3 degrees so far with leg warmers. I bought medium in both im 5' 10" and about 11.5 stone with a 34" waist.

After reading above I hope the tights fit ok, will find out later but I will be buying some of their higher end bibs for the summer next year as the pad in the vaeon bibs even though a slightly lower spec than the summer bibs works well for me

Any advice?

Cheers

James

Depends what size you are. Bib shorts/shorts etc are spot on to the sizing guide I have found, however when you get into the jackets etc be cautious. I am 6.3, 48 inch chest, 38/40 waist. According to their sizing guides on the jackets I should be xxl. The xxl turned up and was frankly tiny. My girlfriend is now using it who is 5.6 and a size 10. Thats my only gripe. In general I think their stuff is great value.

Strange. I'm 6'4" and 98kg, 48" chest, 37" waist and have an XL Sync jacket that's a perfect fit.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I'm a shade under 6' and buy L bibs but at 14 stone (42" chest) need XL tops. As a comparison to 'normal' clothes I'm a 34-36 waist and L in most t-shirts tops. I don't measure myself against Italian cut kt, it would be too depressing.

In general I think the dhb stuff is pretty good value for money. Enura and Pearl Izumi are worth looking at but dhb, for me, are a noticeable upgrade from my Altura kit.

I'll be ordering more for the winter, that's the best review I can give I guess.