Look Keo pedals

slowandsteady
slowandsteady Posts: 339
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Can anyone tell me if the look keo classic pedal(on my old/winter bike) uses the same cleat as a look keo 2 max I am thinking about getting for the new bike?

I wouldn't like to have to swap cleats when jumping on and off each bike.

Also, I can pick the 2 max pedal up for £65, is this a good buy or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks
Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!

Comments

• 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    same keo cleats.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    16mm wrote:
    same keo cleats.

+1.

In regards to your 2nd question, they can be purchased online for £71.80 (quick search!) so if they're brand new, £65 is a saving.
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    Yes, same cleats.

The Keo 2 Maxes are great (I have the carbon ones). The platform feels noticeably bigger and more stable than standard Keos.
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • Thanks guys.

65 is a eBay special, a bike shop in Letterkenny that has 100% feedback so I think I'll go for them.

I don't think I need to spend the extra cash for the carbon jobbies as nice as that would be, I'm watching my bank balance disappear with new garmins/pedals/bikes. All before Xmas too!

I have the keo classics on my caad9 and the max2 seems like a small step up from them.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    Thanks guys.

65 is a eBay special, a bike shop in Letterkenny that has 100% feedback so I think I'll go for them.

I don't think I need to spend the extra cash for the carbon jobbies as nice as that would be, I'm watching my bank balance disappear with new garmins/pedals/bikes. All before Xmas too!

I have the keo classics on my caad9 and the max2 seems like a small step up from them.
    my max2s are nice, but I can't tell any difference once clipped in.
    I'd get some more max2s for the best bike, £65 sounds good.