Introduction to MTB courses in the south?

sammysideways
sammysideways Posts: 41
edited November 2012 in MTB beginners
Think this may be a good idea for me as im such a newbie. Has anyone been on a introduction to mountain bike course? Would you recommend them and are there any good schools in the south?

Comments

• http://www.mountain-bike-guiding.co.uk/ Would recommend Richard Kelly at All Biked Up. Top bloke, excellent instructor of all levels, uses the Surrey Hills as his playground and knows them intimately so it's great riding as well.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • I have got one on the 1st of December at Cannock chase will let u no
  • Think this may be a good idea for me as im such a newbie. Has anyone been on a introduction to mountain bike course? Would you recommend them and are there any good schools in the south?

Www.getmountainbiking.co.uk they run them all over and for every level etc.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/ is an obvious choice if you're able to get a booking and get there. Did a lot for my riding.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    ah thanks for the recommend :)
  • Just book with Jedi. You won't need to go anywhere else after him tbh. Best money my mate ever spent (on me as it was a gift :lol:) I think I may pop down again at some point to give myself another skill boost!
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    i find the whole "skills training" thing a bit odd, you cant really teach balls and that's what 95% of jumping, drop-offs etc is .
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeah, and Burnout is all you need to learn to drive a car. That, tinted windows and a dustbin exhaust.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • b45her wrote:
    i find the whole "skills training" thing a bit odd, you cant really teach balls and that's what 95% of jumping, drop-offs etc is .

Book a skills course and you will eat your keyboard! Very naive outlook.
  • Creedy
    Creedy Posts: 13
    Yeah Jedi will set you up. Will give you the insights needed for you to move forward.
    Jumps and drops are 95% tekkers. Balls are cool but get you hurt if you don't know what your doing. Get your basics and build from there
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    life is always about choices :D
  • Im in South wales and just getting back into it after a long lay off due to injury( motorcycle) but keen to get out near Cardiff and get some miles in again.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers.
    :wink: