Vatternrundan 2013

bickers
bickers Posts: 68
Anyone entered for this event next year? http://www.vatternrundan.se
I'm in again. Its a 300km ride around a massive lake and has about 20,000 riders - which sold out in a matter of hours but places will come back later in the year.

I did it for the first time back in June and despite the biblical rain that stopped a lot of under prepared or just not mad enough riders, I really enjoyed it. Its a fantastic event super well organised with loads of feed stations and support, and the Swedes are very friendly as you ride round. The feeling riding into the final section with crowds lining the streets cheering you on is amazing.

I somehow manage to do it in 9hrs 50 last time without epic training but everything fell into place for me and i was stationary for just 25mins. This year im aiming to get under 9hrs although thats a big ask. Its pretty flat and if you can get in a group you fly along and with so many groups its easy to tag on. This year my work (Swedish firm) have nearly 40 entered.

The best thing about the event is that its achievable by even novice riders, i mean no illusions its 300km, but with no big climbs you can dawdle round if your happy to do in 15hrs.

Comments