I got 99 problems but Mitt ain't one

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Has anyone seen the video of Jay Z rapping on the Obama campaign trail? Brilliant tweaking of the lyrics.

US elections and not a peep on here? Surprising.
Will the Irish immigrant Barry O'Bama in get the most votes or will Fingerless Glove Romney be elected? Will the election be legal?

Has Barry been a good prez?
Will Fingerless be a good one?
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Obama will win comfortably. Mitt doesn't seem to be credible opponent.

I think history will see Obama as a poor president, but I don't think much of it is his fault. It's an empire in it's last throws. Some of his decisions will have sped this up.
    exercise.png
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Nate Silver has 92% confidence of an Obama victory, based on the polls, but I'm still nervous. Republicans play dirty and if the current situation in Florida is repeated and widespread, it could make a difference.

Yup, Barry's been a good prez and Mittens would be an awful one; the man has no spine and will say anything at anytime if he thinks it'll get him a vote. Romney is the right-wing son of an auto-executive; when GM and Chrysler say that Romney is a liar, then there's really no defending him.

Besides, Obama has Jay Z and Springsteen in his corner; Romney has Meatloaf - who're you gonna choose? :)
  • drays
    drays Posts: 119
    jamesco wrote:
    ...the current situation in Florida...

:evil: how are they allowed to get away with that :evil:
    2014 Planet X Pro Carbon
    2012 Boardman Hybrid Comp
    2010 Boardman Pro Hardtail
    c1994 Raleigh Outland MTB
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Quite an insightful point (for Breakfast news) was made by Bill Turnbull this morning about the negative effects of the saturation coverage of political adverts and cold calls. He gave an example of a 15 minute segment of TV containing 10 campaign adverts, almost all of which were attacking rather than promoting one candidate over the other. The general impression was of an electorate desperate for it all to be over, rather than excited to be electing their new leader.

As for the candidates, some disappointment with Obama was inevitable, what with him not actually being able to walk on water and heal the sick. It's a shame he hasn't been able to crystallise a set of reasons to vote for him, as opposed to voting against Romney. FWIW, I don't think Romney is as right wing as he has appeared to be recently - he's trying to court that part of the electorate, but his history is more moderate (by US standards).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • TheStone wrote:
    Obama will win comfortably. Mitt doesn't seem to be credible opponent.

I think history will see Obama as a poor president, but I don't think much of it is his fault. It's an empire in it's last throws. Some of his decisions will have sped this up.
    Yeah, but it's not old mates of Obama that own the company that makes the voting machines in Ohio ...