Can I use SPd mtb shoes on dmr v8 for a ride

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited November 2012 in MTB general
I no you can't clip in on dmr v8s but I would like to use my SPd shoes on a ride that I'm doing its a 35 mile off road charity ride for help for heroes that my lbs have organised (mud sweat n gears Weymouth) the weather has been really bad the last week so I don't want to use my shimano m530's as not 100 % confident on them yet so is It ok to use them on dmrv8's ? I used to use a old pair of trainers but the SPd shoes are really comfy

My shoes
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=specia ... ih=444#i=9
My dmr's
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dmr+v8 ... h=504#i=13
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well with the cleats on they will be a slipper as a slippery thing and will take chunks out of the pedals.

without the cleats they will be not quite as slippery but i would not.

but as V8 are poor you will be changing them soon.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Adjust the spd pedals so its really easy to clip out. Or/and ride one foot clipped and the other unclipped.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just wear old trainers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I'd be inclined to give the spds a go, might help you get used to them, just set it looser than usual. I wouldn't like to cycle on flat pedals in my spd shoes.
  • sigorman85
    For 35 miles lol
    I currently have the m530's on the bike at the mo but was going to fit the dmr v8
    Would it ok if I to the cleats of the shoes?
    Or just man up and do it clipped in?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• sigorman85
    Ok il give it a go this would prob be a good idea for me to get a go pro as I will come off lol

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I always somehow manage to unclip without thinking when I bail so I reckon you'll survive!
  • sigorman85
    We will see :-) I'm sure I let ppl no on Sunday evening