picked my new bike..sooooooooo excited

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
I,ve decided on my new bike for when im better and i will be ordering this week so really excited,which is sad really for a 49 year old grand dad :D but i dont care.
The bike is a 2013 giant composite 2 and i cant wait and it will keep me smiling until i can ride it.
pointless thread but just wanted to share. :D
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Don't forget to post a thread when you do your first 8 mile ride on only 17 energy gels and three litres of energy drink. :wink:
  • Stuuu
    Stuuu Posts: 46
    I trest rode one of those when I ordered my Defy 2 (non-composite). I can't say I could tell the difference given I came from a much heavier mountain bike. They both floated like air in comparison.

I hope you enjoy it when you get fit enought to ride again.
  • you'll be shaken to bits on the composites, way to stiff for a carbon frame.
    MADONE 5.2
  • elderone
    Captainlip wrote:
    you'll be shaken to bits on the composites, way to stiff for a carbon frame.
    what does that mean? can you explain.
  • So you're the second famous person from Oswestry, Ian Woosnam being the other!
    2010 Trek Madonne 4.7
    2011 Bmc Promachine SLC01
    2013 Wilier Cento 1SR
  • elderone
    gjcknocker wrote:
    So you're the second famous person from Oswestry, Ian Woosnam being the other!
    IM from brum only live near oswestry,but the most famous local is imho wilfred owen.ww1 poet.
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    Nice bike mate, hope you get great enjoyment from it when it arrives .
    Waiting for a response to my Xmas bike post so I can pick one tomoz myself.

Have fun
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Captainlip wrote:

This imho is utter rubbish - at least you could quantify this, I have a carbon Defy and 3000+ miles tells me this isn't the case. It rides better over the rough stuff than my Trek. OP, go out and enjoy your bike.
  • elderone
    letap73 wrote:
    Captainlip wrote:

This imho is utter rubbish - at least you could quantify this, I have a carbon Defy and 3000+ miles tells me this isn't the case. It rides better over the rough stuff than my Trek. OP, go out and enjoy your bike.
    Thanks for that,put my mind at ease.I think giant know enough to not make a bike that shakes you to bits but thats his opinion and its a forum,also the reviews i,ve read are good so im happy. :D
  • iplod
    iplod Posts: 83
    Yes, giant make really good frames, i am sure it will be fine. Are you getting it from Stuart Barkleys,(the lbs )? I have always found them very helpful. Just get on it and enjoy the local countryside, it's fantastic !
    SOLITUDE. It's not for everyone.

Trek 5.2 madone 2007
    Ribble audax/winter 2010
    Bianchi infinto 2012
  • elderone
    iplod wrote:
    Yes, giant make really good frames, i am sure it will be fine. Are you getting it from Stuart Barkleys,(the lbs )? I have always found them very helpful. Just get on it and enjoy the local countryside, it's fantastic !
    yes its going to be from Stuart Barkleys and there good lads,they helped me a lot.If you know the area i live close to blodwell bank.
    cheers
  • elderone wrote:
    I,ve decided on my new bike for when im better and i will be ordering this week so really excited,which is sad really for a 49 year old grand dad :D but i dont care.
    The bike is a 2013 giant composite 2 and i cant wait and it will keep me smiling until i can ride it.
    Listen, son (he said, speaking as a 49 year old about to be 50 in less than two weeks time...)...

... when I got my Giant Defy 3 Composite exactly 4 weeks and two days, and 367 miles ago... I was as excited as I was when I was 15 and got my last bike.

And I still am. I'm a bit faster, a bit fitter, and a bit lighter than I was a month ago... and a bit more intimidated by the journey still to come...

... but it's still a great feeling. I've been dreading being 50. The bike makes it bearable.

You'll love the carbon frame by the way. Crisp, positive, goes where it's pointed. What's not to love about that.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Captainlip wrote:

:lol:

Just no.
  • elderone
    elderone wrote:
    Listen, son (he said, speaking as a 49 year old about to be 50 in less than two weeks time...)...

... when I got my Giant Defy 3 Composite exactly 4 weeks and two days, and 367 miles ago... I was as excited as I was when I was 15 and got my last bike.

And I still am. I'm a bit faster, a bit fitter, and a bit lighter than I was a month ago... and a bit more intimidated by the journey still to come...

... but it's still a great feeling. I've been dreading being 50. The bike makes it bearable.

You'll love the carbon frame by the way. Crisp, positive, goes where it's pointed. What's not to love about that.
    Like it,proof im not the only nutter who gets a buzz from something as daft as a push bike....happy days, :D
  • iplod
    iplod Posts: 83
    Blodwell bank !!!, Thats a good start/finish to any ride. Yes i ride it regularly ( doesn't seem to get much easier ) I live in Oswestry, ( was 50 last week ) There really are some fantastic rides around here, and nearlly all of them involving hills. Enjoy your bike.
    SOLITUDE. It's not for everyone.

Trek 5.2 madone 2007
    Ribble audax/winter 2010
    Bianchi infinto 2012