Pretty Bike Rides

Hoopdriver
Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
For those of you who do not know me, I am a professional magazine writer and photographer and for the past year I have been discovering the fun of blogging as well. As a part of that I have been shooting pictures of my morning bicycle rides and have compiled a selection of my favourites. I hope you will like them

You can view them here:

http://my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk/2012/pret ... ers-dozen/

Comments

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Good as ever Hoopdriver! I reckon full moon 6 is my favourite :)

I admire your patience in taking the time to set up the camera for action shots of yourself.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Hoopdriver
    pangolin wrote:
    Good as ever Hoopdriver! I reckon full moon 6 is my favourite :)

I admire your patience in taking the time to set up the camera for action shots of yourself.
    Thanks. I have to say doing the photography, enjoyable as it is, has cut into my overall mileage quite a bit this past year
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Terrific pictures. It would be great to know where they are
  • owenlars
    Having dug a bit deeper into your excellent site it looks as though you are in and around Hastings, am I correct?
  • They're great. I quite like the anonymity of most the pictures
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Hoopdriver
    I am indeed based around Hastings and do most of my riding (these days) there.

I deliberately made the photos as anonymous as possible. I do not want them to be about me, as an individual, but about the beauty and freedom of cycling - I'd like for them to be thought of as photographs of A Cyclist, rather than me.
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    I deliberately made the photos as anonymous as possible. I do not want them to be about me, as an individual, but about the beauty and freedom of cycling - I'd like for them to be thought of as photographs of A Cyclist, rather than me.

I thought so - you've succeeded too. Nice job
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • owenlars
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    - I'd like for them to be thought of as photographs of A Cyclist, rather than me.

Your secret is safe with me!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Great shots. Do you have a decent routes you could share? My folks live in the area (and I grew up there). I always find I ride out towards Rye & Romney Marsh and Kent rather than the other way - primarily because I hate the A21! would be great to see some alternatives.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Laura Trott,

hang on have I misread the title here. :wink:
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Hoopdriver
    Great shots. Do you have a decent routes you could share? My folks live in the area (and I grew up there). I always find I ride out towards Rye & Romney Marsh and Kent rather than the other way - primarily because I hate the A21! would be great to see some alternatives.
    I do have some good routes and would be happy to share them - at the moment though I am struggling to crank out some deathless prose for a magazine article. Here is a post I did on a loop I like to think of as Route 1066 - about 34 miles taking in the route William's men took en route to the big battle

http://my-bicycle-and-i.co.uk/2012/route-1066/
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    I've stopped for a hot chocolate with the family at The Old Bathing Station (and very nice it was too).
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition