Which under £20 track pump?

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I have that Joe Blow Max II, it works brilliantly ... haven't had any problems!
  • Shylock
    Shylock Posts: 98
    Is the Joe Blow worth the extra money, if so why?
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    My mate at work had the same decision yesterday, and went for the Joe Blow one purely off the customer reviews.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I got it cheaper when I bought it - shop around - but I've had absolutely no problems with it and its well made!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I have three Beto ones, no problems with any of them.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fergo
    fergo Posts: 56
    I got the park tool pump last week, so far so good, works great!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Airrace infinity sport is good, got one for Christmas. No messing with the pump head, bleed valve, sturdy:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/TOA ... ump_160psi
  • cooldad
    supersonic wrote:
    Airrace infinity sport is good, got one for Christmas. No messing with the pump head, bleed valve, sturdy:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/TOA ... ump_160psi
    You just need to spend another 1p to get free postage. Selling tubes really cheap - always worth having a stock.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    I ended up getting the Park Tool pump, Can't fault it at all.

Also got a Blackburn Mammoth 3 but yet to use it. Cheers guys.
  • Shylock
    Shylock Posts: 98
    cooldad wrote:

Which Beto, do you have? Amazon has a number all at different prices but the cheapest being £10 which is a bargin...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009KLWRG0/r ... wo=&hvqmt=
  • +1 for a Topeak JoeBlow but I have the Mountain model which is the nuts for inflating tubeless tyres as it gets a high volume of air in quickly.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    The most obvious thing you seem to have missed is that the Joe Blow isn't under £20.

I use a Bikehut branded one from Halfords which is very high volume and fantastic for getting tubeless tyre beads blown onto the rims. It was about £25 from memory.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • cooldad
    Shylock wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Which Beto, do you have? Amazon has a number all at different prices but the cheapest being £10 which is a bargin...

No idea, one cheap one that works fine on MTB wheels, another slightly better one that also manages my car tyres if I'm desperate, but struggles with 120psi road tyres, and a nicer one with a wooden handle that manages high psi easily.
    All cost under £20, but no clue which one I even bought when.
    But Beto pumps are rebadged as all sorts of things.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    I've ordered the £10 beto track pump, if you can wait a few days ill let you know what it's like.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    You should have gotten the Joe Blow instead of the Park even if it was a bt more expensive.

One reason is that spare valve heads are easy to come by for all Topeak pumps.

Another is that it has a superior locking lever design - allowing you to lock the valve head onto the tube valve on tightly spaced spoked wheels such as 36H or 48H BMX wheels. On the Park pump, there won't be enough clearance to flip the lever without bending and damaging either or both the tube valve or the valve head seal.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Shylock wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

This one arrived yesterday and its great. Comfy and easy to use, puts plenty of air in each stroke and the gauge is easy to read. Not sure how good it will be for higher pressures but works fine for MTB's.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Bought one of them ones off Amazon, gauge isn't working. No problems, they're sending a replacement first class and i got to send the old one back in the box the new one comes in and they'll pay the return postage. Can't fault that for service.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    The most obvious thing you seem to have missed is that the Joe Blow isn't under £20.

I use a Bikehut branded one from Halfords which is very high volume and fantastic for getting tubeless tyre beads blown onto the rims. It was about £25 from memory.

Sorry smartarse, At the time I posted this it was on sale under £20...