Trainer wheel

cyclingprop
cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Suggestions? I cant be bothered to be refitting tyres all the time, and considering I'm going to be doing lots on both so... suggestions?

Alternatively I have an old wheel from the bike that died a year ago, but it was starting to develop tiny splits around some of the nipples. Is this an issue if it's only used on the turbo? Limited weight put through it, limited stress, rather than south London roads?
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    edited November 2012
    Suggestions? I cant be bothered to be refitting tyres all the time, and considering I'm going to be doing lots on both so... suggestions?

Alternatively I have an old wheel from the bike that died a year ago, but it was starting to develop tiny splits around some of the nipples. Is this an issue if it's only used on the turbo? Limited weight put through it, limited stress, rather than south London roads?

Any old sh1te will do - doesn't have to bear weight, brakes can be relaxed so no issue with buckles. It needs to be more or less round but that's about it.

This is even more true given that you'll probably never even use the thing because its so boring and unpleasant and 9 times out of 10 an extended commute / training ride seems a better option!
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Ta. Ill stick the blue tyre on the old wheel then :).
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?