ISM Saddles ?

desertman01
desertman01 Posts: 89
edited November 2012 in Road general
I am having some problems with numbness in area's I would prefer not to be numb - though my wife insists she can't tell any difference. Anyway I recently saw an ad for ISM Adamo saddles almost guaranteeing to cure this problem and am curious if anybody has tried or knows of anybody who may have had a go with one of the ISM models.
Thanks - Mick.

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I use one on my TT bike, works for me, had no issues with it on a recent 12hr TT, missus also uses one on her road bike, as she also suffered numbness
  • Thanks for your quick reply - can you tell me which one you use?
    I am looking at building up to 5-6 hours so am looking at either the Road or Century versions.
    Thanks - Mick.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Race 2 on my TT bike, missus uses the peloton.

Also, a guy I know runs a bike shop, Velovelocity, and he does two week money back trials on ISM saddles, might be worth a look
  • Lots and lots of tri folks use them, I use a Road variant and its by far and away the best I've ever used.

You just have to get over the adjustment period as the saddle design makes you sit on your sit bones on either side, and not your perineum which is where you are probably putting your weight now. There's a shop in Malvern who will let you try before buy if you have doubts. New bike, new Adamo for me every time.
  • Unfortunately I am in Saudi Arabia so it will have to be buy and try - I have been looking at the Road 2, Breakaway and the Century.
    Thanks for all your help and please keep it coming it is all very much appreciated - Mick.
  • Unfortunately I am in Saudi Arabia so it will have to be buy and try - I have been looking at the Road 2, Breakaway and the Century.
    Thanks for all your help and please keep it coming it is all very much appreciated - Mick.

You ride a bike in Saudi ?

You're completely nuts !
  • I resemble that remark !!
    Luckily we can ride on some new roads which for the now are not open to cars.