Re-newing Licence

superbike
superbike Posts: 24
edited December 2012 in Amateur race
Hi guys

When can you re-new you BC licence? I normally wait until mid January but always feel like I miss out on early season races.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Membership runs for 12 months from joining whereas your race licence is for a calendar year. You should get a renewal notification from BC
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    If you get a licence now it'll last for all of 2013 I think - because the way BC operate the season I'm pretty sure the 2013 season for road has already started - or at least it will do soon - you'll need to renew your membership for 2013 at the same time.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Renewed mine last week, they pro rated the membership to run concurrent with race licence - so both expire 31/12/13 - said it would take about 7 days to issue to club race sec - which means i ll prob get it by March :) - once you ve paid, they email you a paper copy, if you need to enter anything early season.
  • You can pay for next year from the start of December. I did mine (BC membership+race licence) on about the 6th and it arrived a week or so later.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Licences don't need to go to your club sec now - if they choose so BC will send them all direct - if your club sec still gets them going via them they might not realise they have a choice - normally the club sec and the rider would prefer the licence to go direct.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Idler
    Idler Posts: 7
    Hi

Just wondering what a racing licence costs in the UK.

In Australia its $220 per year.

Ta
  • Its £32 a year here, I'm heading to Aus in July so will look forward to that expense!
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    JamesFree wrote:
    Its £32 a year here, I'm heading to Aus in July so will look forward to that expense!

It's likely you can race on your GB UCI licence until you become resident in Aus.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Just renewed...Always hurts the wallet.