Desperately Seeking.......

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited November 2012 in Road general
Having returned to full time work after a 10 month struggle to find a full time job I am absolubtely chuffed to find my new employer runs the Cycle to work scheme.

I would have thought October/ November would be the perfect time to pick up a new bike with the new 2013 models being released, but finding what I want in my size is proving near on impossible and I'm desperate to get back in the saddle and not have to wait until February for a new bike.

So to cut a long story short, have any of you seen stock of the following on your travels?

Giant Defy One in Large

Trek Madone 2.1 in 58cm

I m not bothered about year model or colour, just need to purchase it under Cycle to Work scheme.

Damn that Bradley Wiggins it looks like everybody is sold out until the New Year.

I m considering paying the 10% premium for a Planet X( pro carbon) but it rather wipes out the Tax saving and I would like something which will take gaurds and a rack without too much faffing.

Comments

• youve missed the boat, 2013 bikes are released july - sept so most 2012 stuff is sold now.

also stores are relcutant to do discounted bikes on the C2W as the store loses another 10% of the value to the C2W scheme. doing this would put LBS out of buisness which is not what we want is it.
    MADONE 5.2
  • Yeah, you've missed the start of sale season by a month of two and a lot of the bargains have been snapped up quite quickly due to Wiggo-mania. But there's probably still a bargain out there for you if you can find it!

I don't know anything about the cycle-to-work scheme so I'll let someone else take it from here...
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Captainlip wrote:
    youve missed the boat, 2013 bikes are released july - sept so most 2012 stuff is sold now.

also stores are relcutant to do discounted bikes on the C2W as the store loses another 10% of the value to the C2W scheme. doing this would put LBS out of buisness which is not what we want is it.

Yer thats the reason Planet X charge you an additional 10% direct on the Cycle to Work and upto 12.5% on the other schemes to offset this charge to them.
  • Showing trek available in 5 days, and they accept C2W scheme
    http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/shop/trek-madone-2011/