Ian Bibby, Jimmy Mac, Ian Wilkinson.....

jamlala
jamlala Posts: 284
edited December 2012 in Pro race
....who are they riding for next year? Too lazy to keep searching and I must have missed it somewhere but I don't believe Bibby/Wilko have been signed by Net App, and Jimmy Mac not in Rapha Condor Sharps plans for 2013....
Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
__@    
_`\<,_   
---- (*)/ (*)

Comments

• i thought Jimmy Mac was listed to ride for them next year? as for the other two, they both had some good wins this year so expect them to get on a good team somewhere
  • Team NetApp – Endura 2013:

Jan Barta (27, Cze), Cesare Benedetti (25, Ita), Iker Camano Ortuzar (33, Spa), Zakkari Dempster (24, Aus), Russell Downing (34, GBr), Markus Eichler (30, Ger), Bartosz Huzarski (31, Pol), Blaz Jarc (24, Slo), Leopold Koenig (24, Cze), Jonathan McEvoy (23, GBr), Erick Rowsell (22, GBr), Andreas Schillinger (29, Ger), Daniel Schorn (23, Aut), Michael Schwarzmann (21, Ger), Scott Twaites (22, GBr), Paul Voss (26, Ger), Alexander Wetterhall (26, Swe).
  • jamlala
    http://www.raphacondor.cc/news/rapha-co ... p-for-2013
    Jimmy Mac is down for Rapha, hadn't spotted that when I read the same article yesterday, doh!
    Bibby had a good year I thought and so am surprised that he's not 'obviously' on the list, Andy Tennant too of course.....
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • i think bibbys results came too late in the season, they had already decided the team mid season apparently..
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Both of the Ian's suffered from illness at various parts of the season and by their own standards had disappointing seasons given the very high standards Endura riders set. Picked up late on but overall, if only 4 spots for Brits, then Thwaites, Downing, Rowsell & McEvoy were the right picks for me based on British and overseas UCI performances...particularly as 3 of them are only 22-23 years old.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Wow - I can't believe Blain missed out in the merger. I know he is "old", but he is quality: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blain-f ... gh-in-2013

Nice to see him remaining in the UK though...
  • Here's the answer for Bibby, anyway

Roger Hammond's new team, MadisonGenesis, along with Dean Downing and Andy Tennant
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/06/1 ... -announced
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Great news for Bibby there. They should be able to throw some dosh at the team too.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • jamlala
    Andy Tennant too - just leaves Wilko?
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • JamLala wrote:
    Andy Tennant too - just leaves Wilko?

and Jimmy Mac
  • jamlala
    He's still with Rapha, I just couldn't read the article properly.....
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • lyn1
    lyn1 Posts: 261
    Hopefully, the ex Endura lads will be spread about the other teams to bring balance to proceedings. Maybe UK Youth will pick some up.
    While acknowledging the quality of the riders Endura recruited this year, and their ability to ride at the top of their game and as a team, their total dominance led to predictability. If the teams are evened out then uncertainty of outcome will return, and the racing should be more interesting.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I thought Madison Genesis were just going to be an under-23 team, seems like they've broadened the scope of it. Looks like a good squad so far, I'm more interested in the bikes though. :)
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I heard a rumour they're going to be riding steel bikes and some are in development. Condor have one already with the Super Acciaiao....
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    mroli wrote:
    I heard a rumour they're going to be riding steel bikes and some are in development.
    It's more than a rumour, they're going to ride frame made from Reynolds 953. Genesis said in September that they were expecting prototypes in October but I haven't seen any further info since then.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    thegibdog wrote:
    mroli wrote:
    I heard a rumour they're going to be riding steel bikes and some are in development.
    It's more than a rumour, they're going to ride frame made from Reynolds 953. Genesis said in September that they were expecting prototypes in October but I haven't seen any further info since then.

I'm really looking forward to these. Maybe a pro bike I'd actually buy!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,383
    Wilko has signed for Team UK Youth: http://www.velouk.net/2012/11/09/team-n ... -revealed/
  • A team I half-expect to burst into a rousing chorus of 'Pass the Dutchie' at an opportune moment during the Tour Series

Curious about what Maggy's up to next year
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Backstedt as of last week still seemed unsure about where he would be riding. He tweeted something about maybe aiming too high.

Bialoblocki is a good signing for UK Youth.
  • Turfle wrote:
    Backstedt as of last week still seemed unsure about where he would be riding. He tweeted something about maybe aiming too high.

i heard a rumour he was going to Lampre.....possibly what he was referring to with his tweet? he hasn't done a huge amount since his 'comeback' and i think it would have been unfair on a younger up and coming rider if he did get a ride there...
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Madison Genesis Running TWO MDCC riders; all the other UK teams must be sh*****g it.
    Allez the Creme Eggs
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    Turfle wrote:

i heard a rumour he was going to Lampre.....possibly what he was referring to with his tweet? he hasn't done a huge amount since his 'comeback' and i think it would have been unfair on a younger up and coming rider if he did get a ride there...

I was chatting to him for quite a while last week (top bloke and always around the local cross scene watching his kids and wife). I didn't get the impression he was expecting to ride at that high a level though. He'd be a good DS for Sky I would have thought though.
  • Pross wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

I was chatting to him for quite a while last week (top bloke and always around the local cross scene watching his kids and wife). I didn't get the impression he was expecting to ride at that high a level though. He'd be a good DS for Sky I would have thought though.

Whats been the story with him, Pross? His announcement that he wouldnt be staying with UKYouth seemed pretty sudden and abrupt, and his tweets have been pretty downbeat ever since about not being certain re what he's going to be doing next.

As for Sky, ummm...would he be able to meet their zero-tolerance reqs....