'Bradley Wiggins: Tour de Force' - Kindle Daily Deal

RDW
RDW Posts: 1,900
edited November 2012 in Pro race
Bradley Wiggins: Tour de Force by John Deering is the Amazon Kindle Daily Deal today (Nov 4th). No idea if it's any good, but it's going for £1.39 right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009KL4RGI/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... 1000577623

Generally positive review here:

http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/br ... eview.html

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Got!

Something for the 5 hour layover in Moscow today! Thanks!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Thanks for the heads up. I've bought it. Not a priority read for me but will give it a go at some point.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    Thanks for that. For £1.39 it's worth a punt.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Thanks. Can't go wrong for a quid.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ddraver
    Hmm, well I got 47% of this and I'm getting a bit bored, It reads more like a Sky press release than a book...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Hmm, well I got 47% of this and I'm getting a bit bored, It reads more like a Sky press release than a book...

Put it to one side and wait for Wiggo's book coming out on Thu. Apparently he takes the cover off the tensions that were absolutely there in the team with Froome's shenanigans during the Tour, despite the 'everything's fine' face put on by Sky at the time. Bit more interesting than what you have there with that Kindle action
  • ddraver
    Jesus, Another Wiggo Book?

Is this an updated Sky's the Limit or an updated (for the third time?) in pursuit of Glory..?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Jesus, Another Wiggo Book?

Is this an updated Sky's the Limit or an updated (for the third time?) in pursuit of Glory..?

No, new autobio 'My Time' written with William Fotheringham (at least he's a much better writer than Brendan Gallagher)

brace yourself cos it really is Wiggo time for the next couple of months
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Bum - only just seen this, and it's back to £8.15 now :(
  • ddraver
    You didn't miss much bud...
    - @ddraver
  • RDW wrote:

WMP is something of a shilling blog for all things rapha. As rapha are next year's kit sponsor it's not surprising t the blog is talking up the book.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    RDW wrote:

WMP is something of a shilling blog for all things rapha. As rapha are next year's kit sponsor it's not surprising t the blog is talking up the book.

That seems a bit of a stretch. I don't follow the blog, and though it's clear the writer is a Rapha fan from the clothing articles, he seems to review a lot of other stuff, including a pretty diverse set of cycling books (the Wiggins book review isn't particularly gushing). Still doesn't mean the book itself is any good of course - I took a punt at the discounted price but haven't got to it yet.