Fox 32 Float DRCV 'sticky' mid-travel

cyclotom
cyclotom Posts: 11
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a Fox Float 32 150 fork on my Trek Remedy 9. It's got the Trek DRCV internals on the air-side.

I noticed the fork didn't feel particularly plush through it's travel. There felt like a fair amount of stiction. I've since taken it apart and replaced the lower leg oil, wiper-seals / foam rings and float fluid in the air chamber. Generally it's really helped, especially with the first part of the travel.

Pushing down on the fork though, I can still feel some stiction in the mid-stroke (say from 30% to 60%).

When I had the fork apart I checked the damper was operating smoothly by running it in and out with my hand. It is, so I'm assuming it's the air side. Moving the plunger when I had the air-cap off felt a little sticky.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Does it need a proper service? The fork is still pretty new but has had around 40 hours of use so should be plenty bedded in now.

Tom

Comments

• I should say, I previously had a Float 120 (without DRCV) which was super-plush all the way through it's travel.