Who'd have thought it

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.

Yum,yum,yum! it makes me look like super Tommy Voeckler. :D:lol:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• :shock:
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Soreen................................in the same mould as Marmite as in ya either lovr it or loathe it.

I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

Imagine the indignation of having to slice it yourself.

I blame wiggle.
  • Stuuu
    Stuuu Posts: 46
    Sliced Soreen is the best thing since sliced bread!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408

I almost killed a man when they stopped stocking the sliced stuff at my local tescos.

I blame wiggle.

Sliced ?!?! FFS !
    You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.
    Oh.... And send me the crusts !
    :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • alihisgreat
    MattC59 wrote:

I blame wiggle.

Sliced ?!?! FFS !
    You heathen !

It dries out too much. Buy the blocks, cut it 1/2" thick and spread butter on it.

Sliced is much more handy though.. just tear off two and put in it a bag in your jersey -> perfect portion control.

(and as a student I reject cutlery due to the fact it has to be washed up at some point.. so slicing myself is a chore :wink: )
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    MattC59 wrote:

I blame wiggle.

Sliced ?!?! FFS !
    You heathen !

Sliced is much more handy though.. just tear off two and put in it a bag in your jersey -> perfect portion control.

(and as a student I reject cutlery due to the fact it has to be washed up at some point.. so slicing myself is a chore :wink: )

But....... You'll find that a block of Soreen fits nicely not a jersey pocket, so you an just take a bite as and when you need one. (And there will be plenty left for 'just because') :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • alihisgreat
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

I blame wiggle.

Sliced ?!?! FFS !
    You heathen !

But....... You'll find that a block of Soreen fits nicely not a jersey pocket, so you an just take a bite as and when you need one. (And there will be plenty left for 'just because') :D

haha 'just because' is the reason I'm not a racing snake yet.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    The GO bars make a nice change from flapjacks when on the bike, not as nice as the maltloaf though.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    Bah, sliced indeed.

I didn't even know there was such a thing. What is the world coming to? The world's going to hell in a hand cart. I'm going to write to the Telegraph etc etc...
  • Come now, Soreen is sooooo last year. Banana soreen is where it is at.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    Come now, Soreen is sooooo last year. Banana soreen is where it is at.

An abomination!

A mate on a ride handed me a piece and just said "do you want some soreen?". I was most perturbed when I tasted banana (as I flipping well hate bananas (I know I can not possibly ever be a proper cyclist now I have admitted this!)). Had to make my excuses and drop in behind him to remove from my mouth and dispose of it.

I like the pre-buttered 2 slice packs (though they are pricey) - they are a great little snack to hit a couple of times in the day.