British Cycling Halfords discount

lc1981
lc1981 Posts: 820
edited November 2012 in Road buying advice
I've just joined British Cycling, partly to get the 10 per cent Halfords discount (although I've been meaning to join in an case). On the British Cycling site, it says "The Halfords discount is only available in store. You can reserve products online and collect in store with your printed voucher". That's fine, but when I go to the Halfords site, to collect in store I have to pay online first (i.e. without the discount). Does this mean that if I take the voucher along when I collect the item, they refund me 10 per cent? Something doesn't seem right about that, but I can't work out how else it would work.

Comments

• I have never had to pay first, just reserve them online go to counter collect and pay with voucher.
  • lc1981
    I can't see an option to pay in store. The collect option on the checkout screen says:
    Free delivery to store - pay online
    Collect from midday on Monday 5 November

I think it's because it's not an item that's in stock at the store. When I select something else that is, it says:
    In stock now - pay in store
    Collect from 1 hour after ordering until store closes tomorrow
  • lc1981 wrote:
    I can't see an option to pay in store. The collect option on the checkout screen says:
    Free delivery to store - pay online
    Collect from midday on Monday 5 November

I think it's because it's not an item that's in stock at the store. When I select something else that is, it says:
    In stock now - pay in store
    Collect from 1 hour after ordering until store closes tomorrow
    [/quo
    i asked the same question last month at halfords when trying to purchase a new tyre, u have to pay online if they do not stock the item, u can only reseverve on line for in stock items, if you want to use your voucher you have to go in store and pay 1st then they will order in for you. :)
  • lc1981
    i asked the same question last month at halfords when trying to purchase a new tyre, u have to pay online if they do not stock the item, u can only reseverve on line for in stock items, if you want to use your voucher you have to go in store and pay 1st then they will order in for you. :)

OK, thanks for that - very helpful. The problem is that the item is cheaper online than instore, and I was hoping to benefit from the online price and the British Cycling discount. :(