Tenerife advice

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited November 2012 in Tour & expedition
Heading out to tenerife at the end of the month/start of december.

the weather still looks pretty dam good, mid 20s etc.

Planning on tackling teide a few times - what sort of stuff will i need, how cold does it get at the top and on the descent at that time of year?

will arm/leg warmers be enough or is the weather quite changeable up there, i.e. jacket required?

any other advice welcome about cycling in tenerife too.

Comments

• slunker
    slunker Posts: 346
    We went at the end of Feb last year and the weather I think was similar. Had one cold day out of 7 but we still needed arm warmer and gilet for the decent from Tiede. It's a long decent. We usually headed out of Las Americas on to the TF28 and headed for Granadilla Abona and headed for Vilaflor. You can head back down the TF51 to las americas from there or head up to Tiede on the 21.

If you've not been before be prepared for serious climbing, not really any flat roads at all. I consider myself a good climber but found it really really hard.
  • booked up for 2 weeks at the start of december - hoping it will still be warm by then. still showing mid 20s at the mo.

cant wait to rack up some miles on the new bike!

if anyone else is out there around then give me a shout!
  • no one heading out?
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    I'm flying out Friday but as its with the GF will unfortunatley be a walking rather than 2 wheel week.
  • i'm with the gf too ... you have to put your foot down now and again.