Should Wiggins defend the Maillot Jaune in 2013?

2»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Timoid. wrote:
    Yes. He needs to honour the jersey.

I don't think Froome will ever win the Tour. The assumption that Wiggins will be his minion next July does not make sense to me.

Eh? Froome could have won it this year if he'd ignored his DS and rode for himself.

He's got the tactical sense of a week old jelly, so if he ignored the DS he would've failed.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    iainf72 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    Yes. He needs to honour the jersey.

I don't think Froome will ever win the Tour. The assumption that Wiggins will be his minion next July does not make sense to me.

Eh? Froome could have won it this year if he'd ignored his DS and rode for himself.

He's got the tactical sense of a week old jelly, so if he ignored the DS he would've failed.

I'm getting deja vu, Bill Murray's going to appear any minute now.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:

If he'd taken the opportunities to attack when he was told to wait then I think we'd have seen a different result. I know this has been argued to death and I didn't mean to start that again, so I'll shush.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I'm getting deja vu, Bill Murray's going to appear any minute now.

Or in fact Punxsutawney Phil :P
  • Here's what the man himself has to say about it

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/news/ ... es-in-2013
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    LOL. Tell us what you really think Brad.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LOL. Tell us what you really think Brad.

one of the reasons why I like him :)

he certainly doesnt dish out the platitudes
  • ed_209
    ed_209 Posts: 17
    What a great interview! It's great to see such straightforward comments as: "It's all very well Lance standing up and hearing these stories of him punching the seats on the bus and saying 'we're going to kick a***' and do this and that. That's all very well and good when you've got 10 litres of someone else's blood running through your body."
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    "From now on it's just trying to achieve other things - things that I hold close to my heart like Paris-Roubaix, the Giro d'Italia or maybe even trying to win the Tour again."

Well that clears things up then

If I had to guess he'll go for whichever Contador isn't