Strong Words From J-Rod

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Good on that boy!

Not sure it's workable but the sentiment is correct! Good to hear the top riders (on the IGM thingum) speaking out.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    And good to hear a spaniard who is not toeing the party line so to speak.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rodriguez-calls-for-lifetime-bans-for-dope-cheats
    "Throw doping sinners out for life," he said. "Doctors, riders, everyone involved."

He would have won the Vuelta if it were up to him.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Riders choosing to formulate their denials as 'I have never had a problem with doping' always makes you go hmmmm, isn't it. Mind you, strong words by purito.

Het Nieuwsblad also reports J-Rod is doing the Tour de France again next year, as well as the Vuelta (but no Giro)
  • Good to see
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    And yet he rides for Katusha who recently appointed Ekimov as the Team Manager. A rider from the 'old-school' of Russian cycling and who was on the Armstrong teams from 1999 onwards
    M.Rushton
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    FJS wrote:
    Riders choosing to formulate their denials as 'I have never had a problem with doping' always makes you go hmmmm, isn't it. Mind you, strong words by purito.

Het Nieuwsblad also reports J-Rod is doing the Tour de France again next year, as well as the Vuelta (but no Giro)

I agree but guess we have to hope that something got lost in translation...
  • Yep. Told you guys in that Lance thread way back that he always speaks great sense and was waiting for him to make his comments.

v10-st8-RODRIGUEZ-ATTACKjpg_e_8fe5ad948754c4a87b57dfe3a07e9de3.jpg
    56d84f7eec19869d6f2f382297a604f6-ge.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mrushton wrote:
    And yet he rides for Katusha who recently appointed Ekimov as the Team Manager. A rider from the 'old-school' of Russian cycling and who was on the Armstrong teams from 1999 onwards
    That just makes his words more authentic for me. Not concerned about upsetting the boss. He's not the one who appointed Ekimov, the man waiting to take over the UCI did.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Always good to hear riders taking a firm line. Considering the teams he's ridden for it's hard to imagine he hasn't come across doping during his career though, if he's stayed away then good for him.

I do note a difference in peoples responses (my own included) when comments like that are made by a rider who is fairly popular, they tend to get the benefit of the doubt when others wouldn't.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95 wrote:
    mrushton wrote:
    That just makes his words more authentic for me. Not concerned about upsetting the boss. He's not the one who appointed Ekimov, the man waiting to take over the UCI did.
    Sorry to be cynical. How long is J-Rod contracted to Katusha? Maybe this statement is to counterbalance the Ekimov thing.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Given the teams that he has ridden for, I just assumed that he was on the hot sauce.

I know that is wrong to do. Is this guy Sastre?
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    FJS wrote:

At last!

He's a good guy.