Delamere Forest

bobbydeak
bobbydeak Posts: 49
edited November 2012 in Routes
Not been Delamere for years are there many " off piste" routes . If so where ? All i remember is a skills area at top end. Is there much riding to be done as all i remember is a loop around the lake.

Comments

• KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    It's pretty tame, and fills up really quickly with kids and dogs at the weekend. Not that i'm against that, but it can get very busy. Llandegla isn't too far from there, and is pretty good though some of the trails needed a bit of TLC last time I went.
  • theshrew
    theshrew Posts: 169
    Just see a path and follow it genrally are the better bits. You can see where others have been. Its pretty tame as the other fella said
  • Mark909
    Mark909 Posts: 456
    Aha I would disagree with the two above comments. Okay so it's not a trail centre but there are some really nice bits if you explore. You really need to get away from the forest track running right the way through it though. Have a look on google maps. If you head west along the track from the cafe and past the sign that says no bikes :S If you go to the very edge of the woodland before Forest Farm Cottage and turn right there. There a lovely steep rooty drop in. Follow this trail straight down then up the hill on the other side. Continue following the trail and theres some nice singletrack there. Right thats you started now explore the rest!
  • Get along there on a thursday evening for one of the guided rides from 'Trax' bike shop they are top guys and will show you all the hidden trails.