Arras ?

vs4b
vs4b Posts: 257
edited November 2012 in Road general
Anyone done any riding around Arras? We're planning a long weekend in the spring and i'm after some route suggestions, looking for a couple of 100mile routes and couple of shorter routes, say 100k or so...

Or just general feedback on the area would be well recieved too.
We'll be looking for a campsite too if you have used any
Ta

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Try the Tour & Expedition forum area ?
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I did a week a little to the west, Hesdin, the Crecy foret and Aux le chateau, some lovely riding round there.
  • Why don't you get hold of the official Paris Roubaix course?
    left the forum March 2023
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Some great roads in the area. I am mostly familiar with those to the east of Arras as that's where I live. Lots of Great War monuments, battlefields etc. in the area if you want to combine a bit of history with your ride. There are also plenty of organised Randonnees on Sundays. These are multi-club rides organised by each club/village in turn, with a circular route marked from the start point (usually the village hall). A variety of ride lengths, a drink at the beginning, refreshment points en route and a drink and sandwich at the end. All for less than a fiver.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Is there a site that lists what Randonnees are available in each region?
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    danowat wrote:
    Is there a site that lists what Randonnees are available in each region?

Try here: http://www.ffct.org/
  • Avoid any road cavities though- its not nice spending time in an Arras hole. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.