Garmin upgrade questions.

SHADOWMATE
SHADOWMATE Posts: 85
edited November 2012 in Road general
At the moment i have a Garmin Edge 705. I think its on its way out though as it keeps turning itself off and is getting quite slow. So my question is... If i upgrade to a Garmin 800 can i use the same maps (on a micro sd i think, City navigator Europe?) and the same cadence and heart rate monitor?
Another reason i am asking is i have an extra set of heart rate monitor and cadence units for my MTB.
Plus I would like to know anyway as if the 705 holds out, my wifes son would be in line for it (so i can upgrade, :wink: ). If we rode together would everything interfere with everything else or do the accessories sync to the unit?
Specialized Roubaix Sport Comp 2013
with....gears of war.

Comments

• Yes
  • So same maps work, same units and they sync to either but one at a time?
    with....gears of war.
  • Very helpful thanks
    with....gears of war.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Yes you can use the same maps on the SD card. Yes you can use the same sensors, you just have to sync them individually to the devices like you did when you first bought it.
  • Thanks bud.
    with....gears of war.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    You just need to open the back and lever up the contact bushes that touch the USB to the battery terminal. It's a known problem. I still run my hr strap and cadence sensor from my old 305 they work fine as I have one sensor on the road bike and one on the Mtb. I use different profiles for each bike plus one for the turbo