Radio 5 Cycling Programme

pat1cp
pat1cp Posts: 766
edited November 2012 in Pro race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nkx2l

Just giving everyone a heads up. Might be worth a listen, though I suspect it might turn out to be ill informed pifle.

I'll give it a chance though.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    To be fair to Colin Murray (who isn't everyone's cup of tea) he tends to reserach his subject well. He did a Tour preview this year and on the whole his questions and comments showed a reasonable knowledge. Hopefully Simon Brotherton will have an input too as he is one of the better cycling broadcasters we have.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    He's looking more and more weird the older he gets....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I agree with Pross, Murray is passionate about all sports and really gets in to it. Should be good :D
  • Just saw this on the Beeb sport site - let's hope it's well done
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    not bad so far, not too sure on some of the hosts jokes tho!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    "Chopper challenge". :roll: I switched the radio off for that section.
  • claudb
    claudb Posts: 212
    Well I listened to it live and thought it was excellent !!!!
    That the BBC would be broadcasting a live show dedicated to cycling at all is almost
    a dream come true in itself but the outcome was, for me, a big success.
    Given also The Cycle Show on ITV4 during the summer the profile of cycling in the UK has
    never been higher and for someone from my generation it's simply fantastic.
    What with all the live racing coverage on Eurosport (HD this year for me) and ITV4's increasing
    interest, it is difficult to see what cyclists and fans could possibly have to moan about.
    Oh dear !! forgot about all that USPS cr*p. Oh well, can't have it all ways.